good news, bad news

Options
bsinno
bsinno Posts: 358 Member
bad news first: August was a super unmotivated month for me. A perfect storm of "life BS" knocked me off my nice little routine of logging and working out and I have had a hard time getting back into gear. I'm never fully "inactive" (i have a toddler-but also a desk job) and never went buck wild with eating, but i certainly didn't log every little thing and most likely went over quite often. Now that I've taken up my work out DVD's again, I notice that my hard earned strength & endurance has suffered a little during this break

the good news? Well aside from "YAY i think I'm back in the groove again!" The scale didn't budge.

why am i sharing this? am i rubbing it in your face? NO! i would never do that!! sheesh!

I'm sharing because I see this as proof that em2wl is doing EXACTLY what I wanted it to do - TURN MY BODY INTO A LEAN MEAN METABOLISM MACHINE! weight loss, improved confidence and Popeye-like strength (and appreciation for spinach, yum smoothies....) are all awesome side effects. What i really wanted to do was teach my body to be awesome from the inside out. and to have abs. I'd like abs, too. I digress...

I KNOW (from experience) that had i taken a month long break from my south beach or very low cal diets of past, i would be +5 pounds by now and feeling extra crummy about myself. Its a small NSV and one i would have honestly rather skipped and had just kept the pedal to the medal (I'm sorry abs...maybe next summer!) SO - keep moving forward and making good decisions for your LIFE not your SCALE!

Replies

• thebratee1
    thebratee1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! So good to hear!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I actually think that's a pretty awesome NSV. I mean, this is for life. We're all going to have those circumstances that throw us off, get in the way, etc...And you're right, if metabolism is functioning the way it should and as long as we're not going buck wild in that time off, we should be able to get back to it without this huge gain.
  • LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing... what an awesome victory!!! Keep it up!
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic post! Thanks for sharing and confirming :)

We are all here because life happens, we don't eat clean on occasion or we miss a few workouts but this path is so much more approachable than all the others.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's pretty freakin awesome!! Thank you for sharing :D
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Ditto the above that's excellent. Great confidence that what you're doing is becoming lifelong & the pressure of not having to be watching every morsal otherwise the weight comes back.

Thanks for sharing & keep up the amazing work & this abs will come soon I'm sure
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I strive to get to where you are now! Not there yet, still have a lot of metabolc "healing" to do :) great post!
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I'm just starting this EM2WL thing and it is very encouraging to hear! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    As a past South Beacher myself, I know what you are speaking of! I love EMTWL!!