Stage 1 results w/pics

Options
ebaymommy
ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
Yay, I'm done with Stage 1!

A little background for you - I was in pretty good shape before starting. I've run 5 marathons in the last 4 years, the most recent one in June this year. I've been lifting weights (although not as heavy as what I'm doing in NR) for a couple years as well. In January/February I worked with a personal trainer and lifted some pretty heavy weights but with moves specifically geared for distance runners. I dropped all strength training in May & June because my running mileage was high and I was totally focused on running a good race (which I did!).

I had tossed around the idea of starting NROLFW this spring but figured I would have to take too many breaks with marathon training, so I waited until this summer. Then in the meantime my mom decided to run her first marathon next month (September 23) and asked if I would run with her. I decided to go ahead and start NR because I'm not running a whole lot, just enough to hopefully keep conditioned for running with her....we will be running at a pace quite a bit slower than what I ran in June so I'm hoping I can get by on what little running I've been doing.

Having said that....throughout Stage 1 I've run about 20-25 miles a week. There were a number of workouts where I didn't push myself to my max because I knew I had to go run right after lifting. Once the marathon is over I will be only doing NR workouts + HIIT + maybe yoga once a week, so I will go all out when it comes to upping my weights and testing my limits.

Here are my starting/ending stats:

Weight: 123lbs
121.4lbs (the lowest I saw during the last 6 weeks...that was on Aug. 9. Today I weighed 122.6. I tend to only see a "low" weight once a month, the week after my TOM. Right now I'm midway through my cycle so not surprised about the scale #)

Measurements:
calves (left & right) 14.25"
14"
thigh (left) 21.5"
21.25"
thigh (right) 21.75"
21.5"
hips 35.5"
35"
lower tummy (or my "mommy belly" as I call it) 31"
30.25"
waist at bellybutton 27.25"
26.75"
chest at fullest part 31.75
31.75 (thank goodness, I really can't get any flatter without turning into a boy)
biceps (left & right) 10.5"
10.5"

Total loss of 1.6lbs (going by the lowest # I saw on the scale) and 2.75"

WORKOUT A:
Squats ~ 45lb
70lbs
Push-ups ~ 30% incline
floor with decent form most of the time
Seated row ~ 80lbs----120lbs
Step-up ~ 30lb (15lb dumbbell each hand)
42.5lb (21.25lb each hand) - used a bench w/6 risers underneath for entire stage
Prone Jackknife - 8 reps----15 reps

AMRAP Workout A:
65 squats
25 push-ups
40 seated rows
30 step-ups (each leg)
25 prone jackknives (and I practically fell off the ball when it was over....phew!)

WORKOUT B:
Deadlifts ~ 85lbs
115lbs
Dumbbell shoulder press ~ 15lb dumbbells each hand
20lb dumbbell each hand (darn these are hard to progress on!)
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown ~ 60lbs ----75lbs
Lunge ~ 20lb dumbbells each hand
30lb dumbbells each hand
Swiss Ball Crunch ~ arms extended straight/no weights
arms extended w/10lb medicine ball

AMPRAP Workout B:
41 deadlifts
19 shoulder presses
30 wide grip lat pulldowns
20 (each leg) lunges (I could have done more with my legs but my forearms were killing me holding the weights, darn grip strength!)
40 swiss ball crunch

And pictures........

DSC02348-1.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

DSC02352.jpg

DSC02355.jpg

DSC02353.jpg

NRresultsback.jpg

armpics.jpg
Since I just took this picture a week ago (that I'm using as my profile pic) - I didn't take a new one today. Arm looks the same, I swear it. :)

Replies

• ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that overall I'm pleased with the results. I didn't expect dramatic visual (or scale) results since I'm already pretty small and fairly fit. I'm quite happy with my strength progressions and my arms feel like they look fantastic. I especially noticed that the saggy/flappy underarm thing that's always annoyed me (you know, the one that the magazines are always promising will go away if you do tricep kickbacks and such?) is dramatically better. Hmmmm....and not a kickback to be found in these workouts. Go figure. LOL! I also see improvements in my butt and stomach. FWIW, I've eaten really clean these past 6 weeks except for about 4 days in mid-August when we went back to Iowa to visit family. My stomach is always where I want to see improvement.....after 2 pregnancies and 2 c-sections I think it looks pretty darn good, but I'm noticing with the heavier lifting and cleaner eating I'm seeing more definition...at least in my upper abs.
  • TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You looked fabulous before, but there is definitely some added definition! I would kill for how tight your booty got and that gorgeous stomach and I HAVEN'T been pregnant! Great job! Excited to see you continue to progress!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Wow, girl! Great results! Really nice work! Your quads are looking really nice, and obviously your arms! Actually, everything looks fricking amazing. GO YOU. Can't wait to see what you accomplish in the next stages! :)

Your weight increases are AWESOME too.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You look great then and now!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Wow!! You look great!! You were in great shape (as a runner) in the befores so you are still in great shape just with some more muscle tone:). Fabulous work hot momma!!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, both by the numbers, and in the pictures. I can definitely see more muscle now than when you started! :)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    nice butt lift you have there!!!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Very impressive! Keep it up- you look great!
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look great! Very impressive. especially the part about running 25 miles week > after the workouts?? Awesome!