Introduction

Options

Replies

• emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Emily, and I am super stoked for this challenge. I joined Mfp last year but never used it, just started to log recently when I realized the food database was 100 times better then my fit bit food database. Add me if you'd like! I'd love to see others food entries, and see what is working for them, and make changes to my diet. I need ençouragement to stay on top of my goal and would love to be able to hopefully encourage others to their goals. Good Luck everybody!
  • Baila518
    Baila518 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Im Renee. Very excited for this new challenge. I have quite a bit of weight to lose. Over 100 lbs. I know I have to take my weight in smaller steps to get to my goal of it can be discouraging. Felt this group is a great way of starting that. Everyone seems so excited and supportive already and its not even Sept 1 yet :). I am sooo happy to be here
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name's Diane.. I have 70 lbs to lose. I have been on MFP since July. I need a challenge. I am having thyroid issues and am struggling, not to mention a desk job that is very frustrating. I'm a mother of 2 boys, a 26 yo who is newly married and a 23 yo who just moved back home while he is applying to Grad school.. I have a gym membership that until recently I barely used. My husband gave me the ultimatum to use or lose it... I have been going in the morning 4-6 days a week, I'm loving it... Well here's to the next 3 month! Good luck to all
  • tjking82
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Troy and have been using MFP for 3 weeks. I've already trimmed off 18.8 lbs in that time and have hit my first mini goal, I will never again weigh over 400 pounds, EVER! My ultimate goal is to get under 300 pounds and stay there. I am hoping to lose anywhere from 35-50 pounds during this challenge. I'm very motivated in my own personal challenge and having a group challenge like this just adds fuel to my fire. I hope to lose lots of extra "me" with you folks. Good luck to you all.
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Patricia. I am a 34 year old, stay-at-home mother of 3 boys (9,7,3). I currently weigh 295lbs. My overall goal is around 150, and my goal for this challenge is 270. I think 25lbs is doable for me, especially with my little one starting junior kindergarten this year. He will be in school every other day, therefore freeing up some of my time for me. As with everyone else, life can be a challenge...we just need to figure a way out so we come out on top, instead of buried under it all.

Good luck, everyone!!
  • Oceanwalker18
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rebecca, looking to lose 15 lbs by the end of the year. First group I've joined and after major surgery at the end of May, am back to using MFP and logging food. Hoping to get back to the old me by the end of this challenge!
  • Inrequia
    Inrequia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm Brittany, and I've been using MFP off and on for a few months now. I've been back for a week or two, and am ready to fully dedicate myself to making this lifestyle change for good. I log everything I eat and drink daily, and have made my food diary public for extra accountability.

My weigh in is tomorrow, but my last known weight was 202lbs. My goal is to lose at least 25lbs by the end of the year. I'm down 13lbs already, so losing the additional 25 will bring me more than half way to my goal weight.

I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred (on day 6) and love to use my Wii Fit. I'm also an avid walker and hoping to try running with my husband sometime soon.

I'm looking forward to this challenge, and getting to know some of you better!
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

I am so excited about this challenge and getting to know you guys! :) My name is Samantha (Marie is my middle name ;) and I have been on MFP Since January 1 of this year. I'm down 50 pounds as of yesterday, and am trying to make a real push to get down 20 more before the end of the year.

I do my very best to log everything I eat every day, and I love walking for exercise. I would love to get to know you all better, so feel free to send me a friend request! I love the interactions, inspiration and motivation I get daily from this site!

Good Luck to everyone! We can do this together! :)
  • RhondaMH65
    RhondaMH65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Rhonda and I live in Perth Western Australia. I would like to lose around 15 kilos in the challenge which I am really looking forward to as I need motivation. I have been a member since January and haven't lost a gram! I need to lose 30 kilos altogether. So here is wishing us all the best of luck!
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    Hi! My names Kristen, I originally signed up for MFP back in 2009 but never had any interaction on it, this month I've started again and I'm back and ready to take full advantage! I have not lost any weight as of yet, but during this challenge I hope to accomplish losing 15lbs... I've never really given weight loss my "all" and this challenge will hopefully put a fire under my butt. I've been trying to log every day since the beginning of August and although I'm not perfect I've stayed pretty consistent. My diary is opened to friends and I'm trying my hardest to keep up! Feel free to add me :) I try to be positive and give supportive feedback.
  • ChrissieNer
    ChrissieNer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Chrissie and I'm really excited to do this 3 month challenge! I joined MFP 31 days ago and hit my 10 lb weight loss goal today. :) I'm planning to lose another 35 lbs, and hope this challenge will get me that much closer to my goal. Once I hit my goal, I'm going to assess where I am, and possibly try to lose an additional 5-10 lbs. I am currently on doctor's orders not to do any strenuous exercise, but am hoping to get the green light to increase my workouts starting in October.

I welcome any new friends who are committed to logging in daily, striving to eat healthier, and motivated to do their best!

Good luck to you all!!
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Becky and I'm 41 yrs old. I started this journey about a month ago when I realized I had hit 450lbs. I have since lost 28 lbs (10 before joining MFP). I am looking forward to this challenge to see just what I can accomplish. I am looking forward to it!
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello, just joined this month and would love to be apart of this challenge. Thanks for the invite and the work put in to set it up. Excited to get started.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Debbie..a busy momma of four kids from Indiana. As of tomorrow I will be married 16 years to my best friend. I am loving this site, so glad I decided to check it out. Feel free to send me a friend request, I love to encourage and be encouraged and definitely love and need the accountability! Wish everyone the best with our goals. It is time to reclaim my life and get healthy again before my life claims me.
  • jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Ricci and I am 30 years old, wife of 9 years, mom of a busy 2-year old, and also work from home/stay at home mom. :) I have been so unhealthy for years and I am determined (and very motivated) to turn my life around. :)

I am loving MFP. I started an account last year, but sadly did not start using it until end of June. Wish I would have been motivated last year, as I completely love it.

Ditto the many friend requests as I am a good motivator and would also love encouragement. :)
  • kardip
    kardip Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello all! I am Karen - I have been a member of MFP for about a year - I have had a struggle with remaining on track. This is the first time i have joined a group also. I am hoping that this will be the push i need to get back on track. I would like to lose 30 lbs but any loss will be a victory! Feel free to add me as a friend! I look forward to this challenge - Good luck to all.
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am so very excited about this group - this is exactly what I need. For the past 5 years we have gone to work at an orphanage in Jamaica in January. Every year I tell myself that I am going to get fit before I go so I can enjoy myself and not be thinking about my body and so scared that the others are taking photos that I will be in. We are going again in January and I truly want to make this happen. Thank you so much for starting this group and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!!.....LINDA
  • kimboj41
    kimboj41 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am Kim, 42 year old CW is 195 down from 215 and my goal is to be 175 so that I can finally have a BMI out of the "overweight" category.....I am 5'10" and although I do not look heavy I know what I used to weigh 13 years ago before my daughter was born, I can't very well blame her anymore, lol......however, I do not want to be a size 3 anymore (I will probably look sick) :frown: :sick:

Good Luck to everyone!!!!

BTW, feel free to add me as a friend.....I am in the Woodbridge, VA area.
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!
    I'm Sandy. 50 years old--hitting menopause (makes losing weight a little more challenging:( ). I live in Northern Alabama.
    I have been on MFP since early Jan. 2012 and have lost 24 lbs. so far. I am not looking at losing weight quickly. I am more of the slow and steady as she goes. As long as I keep moving in the right direction. I would like to be down to 170 by the end of the year.
    Good luck to all and look forward to this challenge.
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    Hello, my name is Maria. I'm super excited to start this challenge, have been counting the days! I've been at MFP for 3 weeks. I've lost 9 pounds so far and have met some incredible people. Anyone who wants to can add me, just include a message and let me know that you're from here. We can do this! ^_^