Coconut Flour

Options
stl_nana
stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
Hello all,

I just recently became interested in the Paleo way of eating and in previewing the cookbooks, there are some recipes containing things that I have never heard of such as coconut flour. Does anyone know where I would go to buy it? I've not seen it in my grocery store. Haven't been to Trader Joe's in awhile and am thinking they may have it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    definitely won't find it at a major supermarket. you'll need to go to some type of organic/specialty foods store. believe it or not, they have almond meal at wal-mart though (another "flour" used in many primal recipes). i would definitely check trader joe's/whole foods, etc.
  • itsmarcel
    itsmarcel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I got mine at a local Shop Rite.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I get mine at Whole Foods :)
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    http://www.netrition.com is a good web site for hard-to-find foods and ingredients if you can't find them at a local store.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I got mine from iherb.com. Free shipping on orders over $20 in the US, and if you know somebody that has ordered from them before, you can hit them up for $5 off your first order coupon code. They put some fun freebies in every box and I have been very happy with what I've ordered!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    They have it here at Sprouts, in the health food section at Kroger, and Trader Joe's. I would almost bet Whole Foods has it too.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    They have it here at Sprouts, in the health food section at Kroger, and Trader Joe's. I would almost bet Whole Foods has it too.

Hmm I haven't seen it at my Trader Joe's, will have to check next time I go! I do get almond flour and coconut oil there though!
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips.

Fortunately I have both Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods near me.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I don't remember for sure where I got mine, but it is Bob's Red Mill brand and I know they sell a lot of that at Kroger. Look in the organic section. I don't remember if I've seen it at Trader Joes, since I don't go often (only 2 in the city and not in convenient locations to me).
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Most health food stores will have it. I live in Canada but I order mine from Mercola.com, as well as lots of his healthy products such as vitamins and whey protein. I live in the Arctic and the stuff is free shipping (I'm a premier buyer, but only $10 when one is not I think) and it comes FAST. I don't use a lot of it since I don't replace bread products, but it's handy to have.
  • fixintoloseit
    fixintoloseit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    look at the website everydaypaleo.com. the woman on the site lives in california, & she has lots of resources for finding products, & lots of wisdom for beginners. good luck.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I buy almost everything that I can't find in my grocery store or a health food store at www.netrition.com
  • msdivine26
    Options
    It's in the bulk bins at Whole Foods, Sprouts, and other such stores.

I started Paleo this past Tuesday and I'm amazed at how it's not nearly as challenging as I thought it would be [so far]!