Weightloss for cosplays 2012?

Options

Replies

• LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    And there are plenty of characters that are fully clothed but still look amazing ^_^ For example, Sango from Inuyasha

Sango.gif
  • abbyaxiom
    abbyaxiom Posts: 33
    Options
    I would love to cosplay someday. All my friends travel all over to cosplay, one of my ex's does security for Metrocon...etc. Always had a weight problem so was too ashamed to show my face there. The most i did was dress up as Akane on halloween because i already had the gi from my own martial arts class, and my hair was kinda similar at the time anyway!
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have never been to a convention. *don't kill me plz? T_T* I'd love to but I've never had time/money/will/you get the picture.
    I would LOVE to cosplay but... but. I do not know who I'd dress as...
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    892_fed152c279aa3eef0a036b36a0fa25d8.jpg

Maybe next year ;3. My hair's gotten a little longer than hers though, I might have to trim it a bit by then
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have never been to a convention. *don't kill me plz? T_T* I'd love to but I've never had time/money/will/you get the picture.
    I would LOVE to cosplay but... but. I do not know who I'd dress as...

There's no problem with not having bee to a con before. BUT YOU SHOULD GO TO ONE EVENTUALLY!!! For the simple reason that they are freaking awesome. They are super fun and it's the one place we can all be surrounded by people with the same likes!!!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Going to Mechacon in New Orleans this September.... anyone else going? I won't be cosplaying, but I'll pick up some cool otaku swag.

I guess my first cosplay I would want to do would be Mio from Nichijou. I freaking love that show. I would need three friends to pull the whole group off, though :D

Maybe they'll sell wooden hair cubes at the con!
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    I live in California, so only Fanime or Anime Expo for me ;3. I'm not allowed to travel far though .____., so only Fanime for me DX.
  • ShiroDeadman
    Options
    I've cosplayed Hatsune Miku and I'm 90% done making my Karuta Roromiya cosplay so I'll be wearing them this year when possible (I was miku at Oz-comic con Melbourne and I'll be Miku and Karuta at AVCon). I'm not too large, but I do want to lose weight to be able to cosplay Black Rock Shooter confidently XD
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    Karuta's adorable D; <3 ! ! ! Someday, I want to cosplay Kagerou XDDD. "KNEEL BEFORE ME, YOU HUMAN TOILETS ! ! ! " That man has the swagger of a champion x3.
  • 2yeartimeskip
    Options
    I would want to cosplay either Rukia from Bleach or Nami from One Piece. My hair's about the right length for the two of them, but I would need to lose a LOT of weight to even get close to either of their figures.
  • kirei_hana
    Options
    Unfortunately the convention that's coming the soonest for me is Kumoricon, which is September 1-3, so at the rate I plan on going, I won't be at my ideal weight until around Christmas time. But I really do want to go to an anime convention, I made the Day Class uniform blazer from Vampire Knight for my Senior Project in High School and I've never been to a convention.

Other than a Student from Cross Academy, I'm not sure who I would want to cosplay as. :P
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I want to cosplay as Nappa. My wife says I already have "Saiyan legs", and I already shave my head - I just need to get some more arm definition and lose some midsection (which is why I'm here!)
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    If I get enough fund's together, I'm thinking about doing an imporvised version of Yoruichi from bleach (human form)...as a maid. Mostly resulting from the fact that I can't choose between Yoruichi herself OR the maid costume...so a mashup...? what do you guys think?

I'm almost in enough shape I think. Just one or two more inches off my waist would be nice. AWA at the end of september. ^o^
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    dark magician girl from Yugioh X) or sailor moon....if I EVER get the guts to wear that short of a skirt!!!
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would definitely go as Urd:
    dress10.gif

or Aisha:
    aisha-clan-clan.jpg

...but for now, the only one I could really pull off woule be Lenora xD:
    Black_White_Lenora.png
  • SheikFanel
    Options
    This is more for 2013. I will be cosplaying as one of my favorite anime characters ever, Utena Tenjou. I've been wanting to do this for nine years..lol
    I'd post a picture but I can't figure out how, either way she's in my weightloss ticker thing :P
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    This is more for 2013. I will be cosplaying as one of my favorite anime characters ever, Utena Tenjou. I've been wanting to do this for nine years..lol
    I'd post a picture but I can't figure out how, either way she's in my weightloss ticker thing :P

OMG Utena!!! I haven't seen a cosplay of her in a WHILE!!! Good luck! Bring us photos!
  • SheikFanel
    Options

OMG Utena!!! I haven't seen a cosplay of her in a WHILE!!! Good luck! Bring us photos!

I will ^_^ I'm glad to see an Utena fan here!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I already have the physique I want and will do Shichiki from Katanagatari:

25plhfo.jpg
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Been on a Fairy Tail kick lately, so the follow characters are from FT:

Fiance says I look like Evergreen (you know, except I'm obese and don't have the boobs lol) because I have brown hair and glasses. But by that logic, I also look Bayonetta and Sarah Palin.

M9VdL.jpg

BUT, my fiance really wants to dress up as Grey, so I'm thinking Juvia. She's so adorable!

lB4PO.jpg

BUT! I still really like Erza. She's so strong and awesome, as well as the glue that holds the guild together.

osnxW.png

Her favorite outfit of mine is this one, though.

tUAzv.jpg