Introductions

Options
Welcome, everyone. Glad to have this group up and running for everyone.

I have been on MFP for 5 weeks and dropped 7 lbs (I weigh-in Saturday and expect to be down around 10lbs). :smile: I think that dropping an average of 2 lbs per week is a stretch for me to sustain, but I'd like to give it my all and see what I can do. I believe I'm 6 lbs away from feeling good about my body and 17 from reaching my goal weight.

Feel free to add threads and have fun sharing information.

Good luck to everyone and I hope that you find this group enjoyable and helpful.

Cheers, my new friends.

Replies

• mattnjakesmom
    Options
    Way to go! I am excited to join my first challenge. I am down 38 pounds, lots more to go! :)
  • pahsar2
    pahsar2 Posts: 80
    Options
    Way to go! I am excited to join my first challenge. I am down 38 pounds, lots more to go! :)

Welcome, mattnjakesmom. I'm tylernjakesdad :-) Great job dropping 38. Here's to dropping 46 total by the end of September.
  • wanda601
    wanda601 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HI! I lost 30# last year on my own, but have stalled out this year -- can't seem to do it. So I'm excited about this challenge. My weigh-in last week was 231 and today it was 229.5. So that was good. I still have a loooooong way to go but I know I'll get there eventually! My goal was to do it slowly -- about 30# a year x three years = 90 pounds. I'd like to lose maybe 10# more than that, but will be thrilled with the 90# (so will my cardiologist!)
  • wanda601
    wanda601 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    OK, I posted my weight today and the loss isn't showing up on my tracker below my last entry. Does anyone know why not?
  • bonnieluann
    Options
    HI I'm in my starting weight was 272
    current weight 261
    I weigh in on Mondays so next way in date
    Sept 3 rd
  • erindh87
    erindh87 Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Great challenge! I went from 200 lbs in November 2010 to 160 in August 2011. I hit a plateau for a year...the good new is I at least know I can maintain! :) Now I'd like to keep going. I've lost another 5 lbs total during July and August, and I would love to lost another 8 lbs in September!

I don't necessarily have a final goal weight in mind, but I do have an ultimate goal of looking good in a bikini next summer. I think it's doable. :)

Best of luck to everyone with this challenge!!
  • pahsar2
    Options
    OK, I posted my weight today and the loss isn't showing up on my tracker below my last entry. Does anyone know why not?

Sometimes there's a bit of a lag. check again in a few minutes.
  • pahsar2
    Options
    Welcome erindh87, bonnieluann, and wanda601.
  • prancingpixie99
    prancingpixie99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Guy!

I started at 167lbs and have dropped 7 pounds for August. Putting my starting weight for the challenge at 160.
    My goal is 135lbs.
    This will be my first challenge and I'm looking forward to meeting the challenge with you guys.
    I plan to weigh in every Monday. :)
  • vipermom
    vipermom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this challenge. I started with MFP at the end of July and was able to lose 9.8 pounds during the month of August so I need to keep the motivation going. My starting weight for the challenge is 171.2 and my ultimate goal weight is 150-155. Best of luck to everyone, to a healthier life and reaching our goals.
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I participated in the August challenge and while the jury is still out on my progress (weigh-in tomorrow morning), it's looking like it's going to be about 9 pounds.

But my willpower and resolve is just as strong now as it was at the beginning of August, so I'm in for another round!

I will post my current weight and "month of September" goal weight tomorrow after my weigh-in. I'm ready to do it again!! Thanks pahsar for starting the group.
  • krisha36
    krisha36 Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi
    I would love to be apart of the september challage. July 26- August 31- i have lost 21 pounds.
    i would love to drop another 10 by sept 30
    starting weight today is 249
  • lncy
    lncy Posts: 4
    Options
    Heya!!

Just joined this group. My current weight is 173lbs and I would LOVE to be 165lbs by the end of September!!!!
  • althea99
    Options
    Hi there! I have hit a plateau and need the motivation to get through it. Eight pounds should do it!! :)
  • Mahi33
    Mahi33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would love to lose 8lbs this month, my main problem is being consistent, so I'm hoping this group will help me to do my workouts and not make excuses.

Good luck to you all.
  • urbanbabydoc
    urbanbabydoc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well, here goes my first MFP challenge!:smile:

SW: 299
    CW: 274
    GW: 180

25875658.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • brooklyngirl19
    brooklyngirl19 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 250.
    I hope to lose a bit more than 8 in September, but anything would be wonderful!
    I just joined MFP this week! I'm excited to see results.
  • itzchachi87
    itzchachi87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm wicked excited about doing this challenge because not only is it my first challenge but if I complete the challenge I'll be at my goal weight! :-) I started in Febuary and have lost a total of 12 pounds so far and have 8 more to go. My starting weight was 160 now I'm at 148 which was my original goal (BTW I'm 5'9) but realized that I needed to lose more to get that bikini body that I've always wanted. So hopefully I get there by the end of this month!
  • edeper19
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Erica. I am a new first-time mother to a beautiful baby boy named Liam. I have already completed one round of Beach Body's INSANITY and loved what it did for my body and baby weight. I still have more toning and weight that I want to take off, as I am expected to be getting engaged to my wonderful boyfriend soon, and want an even more fit body for engagement photos. All-in-all I am looking for a healthy lifestyle change, eating really clean, and working out 6 days a week, to not only be transformed physically, but mentally and emotionally.

This is my first time ever belonging to a group like this and doing a challenge, other than INSANITY. I have started into my second round and first week of INSANITY again and will be incorporating Brazilian Butt Lift, shortly afterward into my workout routine. I am really hoping this group will give me even more of the push I need to get my numbers down. I have not weighed myself since after I gave birth to my son, 7 months ago. I need to get a scale. I however do have my measurements if anyone is interested. Thanks and good luck to you all! I hope to make friends here and people who would be encouragements to one another.

Height: 5'7''
    Last Weight In (February 12'): 165-160lbs
    Current Weight: ? I need to buy a scale!
    Goal Weight: 140-135lbs
  • meni79
    meni79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Fridays will be my weigh in dates so

Starting weight - 143 lb

I would be so happy to lose 8lb in Sep