Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30 Day Shred opinions

osualex
osualex Posts: 409 Member
Now I know this topic is a dead horse on these forums, but I'm gonna ask anyway...

I know a lot of you ladies (and gents) are heavy lifters in addition to eating more. I've been eating more for about 2 weeks now and lost 1.5 kilos, which I'm VERY satisfied with :happy:

I don't have access to a gym with heavy weights, and while I did p90x with good results, it was very time-consuming and got boring fast. So I was wondering, is 30 Day Shred, 5x a week a decent (though of course not complete) substitute for lifting? I've been doing basic calisthenics for about 2 weeks/ 3x a week and don't really see or feel a difference, and I've heard mixed reviews on 30 day shred (some say it's the best thing ever, some say it's barely even a warm-up)

And if you don't like it, what other dvds would you recommend?

Replies

• MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    For some it MAY be a warm up but if YOU feel that it's enough to challenge YOU, then go for it. :smile:

I actually plan on doing it since I've been slacking on my workouts. My plan is to use heavy (for me) weights.
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    I loved the 30 ds and got excellent results from it (in inches lost) back in February when I did it...but that was after a long period of not working out very much. I think if you've already completed p90x, the shred might be too easy and/or might not advance you much from where you are now. However...it is still an excellent workout because it is short and it combines strength/cardio. I also think of every workout I've done, it's the best for keeping your core firm/losing midsection inches. It you're more interested in strenth/weight trainig, You can use heavier weights to an extent, but since there are a lot of reps you can't go all that heavy--which means it might not be everything you're looking for in a strength training workout.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    If you like lifting heavier you could try Chalean Extreme. The workouts are about 35 minutes.