Lightest I've been for my whole adult life!

Options
Ejwelton
Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
I'm 42 and 5' 6". The whole of my adult life my weight has swung between about 142 lbs to 155 ( and sometimes over)

I started this year at 155lbs, and I've been working really hård since then, and this morning I weighed in at 135lbs. I am over the moon.the last time I was this weight was when I was a teenager!

We go on holiday today so I've packed my running gear and plan to get some runs in. I also have an exercise band and two workouts to do using that.

Half of my old summer wardrobe doesn't now fit - especially the trousers which mostly hang off me!! This was a good excuse to go shopping for new stuff!!

I'm not planning on logging food whilst away, and will relax a bit, but i am a bit worried about self sabotage - hopefully the damage won't be too bad, but we're going to France and it'll be the bread and wine that do it for me :-(

Just had to share my joy with you all!!
See you in two weeks.x

Replies

• jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I want to get there too! And yes, holidays may not be the best time to kept the weight down, continue to persevere, I usually try to log in even during holidays as well, that gives me motivation to work out more if I eat more.
  • Savbomb
    Savbomb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Im 21 and I weight 130! Look at that you could pass off for a 21 year old ;)
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats. :happy:

I am also the lightest I have been in my adult life. The last time I saw 133 was jr high/ high school. I share your delight. :laugh:
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. :) That must be SUCH a nice feeling. I'm currently on my way to my before-kids weight. I'm just a few pounds away! Maybe in a week or two I'll be able to make a similar post.

I was always 115-120 in high school and college. Then 120-125 when I got married. During my first pregnancy I got up to 175!!! After kids I was around 135-145. I'm currently at 124!!!! So Happy! :-)

My first goal is 120 by the end of Sept. Then I just want to maintain that for a month and then reassess and probably reach for another 5 pounds lost by the end of the year.

Good luck to you! And congrats again on being your adult lightest!!
  • CharletteMad
    Options
    What an awesome feeling!!! I bet you are feeling so darn sexy!!!! I have about 5 pounds to go to reach my goal weight!! Enjoy your trip....I am so jealous!! Bread and wine are my absolute favorites...although I usually throw in some cheese too ;)

Enjoy your new body! You worked hard for it!!
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am too actually!! But it doesn't look the same lol
  • allibazzer
    allibazzer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?
    I'll be 40 this year, like you i'm 5'6" and I've gone between 140-155 most of my life. I would so love to experience 135, or 130! I feel like I keep losing and gaining the same 4 pounds. How did you get off the last 10?
  • aimeealee
    aimeealee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nice job. I must say DITTO on the lightest of my adult life. Always hovered around 155 to 160. Now I am 145 at 43 years old. I fee so much better. I am trying to maintain right now. I am nervous about blowing it. I am going to stay on MFP and this should help me stay on track. Good luck and have fun on your holidays!!!!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?
    I'll be 40 this year, like you i'm 5'6" and I've gone between 140-155 most of my life. I would so love to experience 135, or 130! I feel like I keep losing and gaining the same 4 pounds. How did you get off the last 10?

It's hard work and focus. I've been weighing all food, cutting back on bread, no alcohol and have upped my exercise using an HRM.

Having said that I've just come back from holiday in france and have been on the scales :-(
    I need to go cold turkey from bread, wine and ice cream and seriously get back on track!