Question About stage 2

Options
I just finished Stage 1 and the special workouts. Planning to start stage 2 from Next week however i have few doubts. Hopefully someone would clarify it for me.

1) As i understand you are suppose to do interval training only after B workout. As workout goes

Week 1: A-B-A
Week 2: B-A-B
If i do intervals after B, so in one week m doing intervals once and next week i have to do intervals twice, is that correct??

2) There are 4 intervals given with stage 2, As i understand you do First interval session with 1B, Second interval session with 2B, Third interval session with 3B and then the 4th one.

3) On off days we aren't suppose to do HIIT but we can go for low impact cardio like walking swimming, correct?

Correct me if i am wrong. Thanks and appreciate all help.

Replies

• TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    To my understanding, you're correct on A and B. On C, you're just not supposed to do things like marathon training or other endurance building activities. You can do the HIIT in between the weight days instead if it's easier. And if you were doing marathon training before all this, then doing 10 miles on your in between days shouldn't hurt...the idea is just not to over-exert yourself so your muscle can recover-same as before. Also, they recommend, if you're going to do the 10 mile run or whatever on your in between days to do 15 or so min of HIIT first, then take a five minute break, then go the distance. I forget why though. :( So Zumba challenges, 4 hour bike rides, etc, are probably out of the question, but less than an hour of any cardio or extra (but still short) HIIT shouldn't be a problem.
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    ^^Thank you so much for clearing that up :)