Gaining and discouraged

Options
Hello, I'm new to the group. I have been overweight most of my life and after having several health issues, I am trying very hard to change my lifesyle and lose weight. I'm very thankful to have found myfitnesspal and this group, so I have others going thru the same stuggles I am. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed recently with metobolic syndrome. If anyone else has issues similar, could you give me any feedback. Thanks so much! Have a blessed day everyone!

Replies

• maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori, Welcome! I can relate. Back in May my house got broken into. I got depressed. Stopped coming here, and put all the weight I'd lost back on.

I recommend squash. High in fibre so it keeps you full a long long time. Tons of vitamins. Great to do different things with. Also ancient grains. Quinoa, Kamut, Faro.

This weekend I baked a sugar pie pumpkin. My first of the season. I love love LOVE pumpkin. Half a pumpkin is just 50 calories.

I cut the little guy in half, scooped out the guts. Put it in an enamel pan and baked it for 50 minutes at 400 degrees.

Washed and cleaned the seeds. Spread them out on a cookie sheet, salted them and tossed them in the oven for 10 minutes. They are pretty high in calories. But make a nice topping if you fill the pumpkin with rice or some other grain.

I love to roast root veggies. Parsnips, turnips, rutabaga. Toss in brussel sprouts, halved, with whole cloves of garlic. Mmmmm!

We're here for you.
  • lorijabrams
    Options
    I really appreciate all your ideas. I so sorry to hear about your home being broke into. I will try what you said. I do like squash. Keep up the good work and I wish you luck in the upcoming weeks. =)
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    lorie and max, how are you doing?