DAY 1

Options
Baila518
Baila518 Posts: 63 Member
Hi everyone! I am beyond excited to be doing this challenge with you guys. I am the most over weight one in the group from looking at the spread sheet. As no matter what size we are, are weight that we have to lose can be very upseting to (most). I just want to say that being so overweight and having everyone here for support and accountablitlity makes me feel very hopeful. My weight has been a huge part of my depression, I am very fearful for my health. My self esteem went byebye. I feel very postitve now with this group now.

I am going to do 45 min on the ellictical and then machine weights for large muscle parts. Whats everyone else doing today? Also this weekend I am going to precook two meals for the week. Does anyone have any good snack suggestions?

Is anyone going to Labor Day bbq or get togethers where food will be a challenge? Are you going to eat what you want and incorporate it in your calories? Are you going to make healthier choices? A little bit of both? I have a bbq to go to and I decided I am not going to have any breads or deserts at the bbq.

Replies

• quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello. Seems that we are not too far apart from our starting weights. I am hoping this will be the thing to keep me going for a while. I find that if I have a "competition" that I tend to stick to losing weight. It keeps me accountable I guess.

We have no special plans for this weekend, but I am sure that food might be an obstacle at some point if we end up visiting my in-laws. My mother-in-law has always been obsessed with planning to have enough food when she gets company, though we always have so much left over. Since they are in a camping atmosphere, it will most like be picnic type foods for the dinner meal. I'll just plan to eat the protein w/o bread. We most always have a salad when we have meals together, so that would make me happy, and I will just plan to bring some fresh fruit salad for desert and to snack on.

You sound like you have a good mindset about what to expect at your BBQ. Portion control is key I think. Or you can go light on your breakfast and lunch and save calories for the dinner meal. Good luck. I think you have it under control.
  • Baila518
    Options
    U Have a plan too! Thats great!
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am beyond excited to be doing this challenge with you guys. I am the most over weight one in the group from looking at the spread sheet. As no matter what size we are, are weight that we have to lose can be very upseting to (most). I just want to say that being so overweight and having everyone here for support and accountablitlity makes me feel very hopeful. My weight has been a huge part of my depression, I am very fearful for my health. My self esteem went byebye. I feel very postitve now with this group now.

I am going to do 45 min on the ellictical and then machine weights for large muscle parts. Whats everyone else doing today? Also this weekend I am going to precook two meals for the week. Does anyone have any good snack suggestions?

Is anyone going to Labor Day bbq or get togethers where food will be a challenge? Are you going to eat what you want and incorporate it in your calories? Are you going to make healthier choices? A little bit of both? I have a bbq to go to and I decided I am not going to have any breads or deserts at the bbq.

We're all in this together hun doesn't matter what we weigh. We don't get labour day here in the UK. I always stick to my plan though if there's any special occasions and try and make healthy choices. Good luck :)
  • sfrohardt5
    sfrohardt5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan! I am going to the car races tonight and they do not allow you to bring in your own food or drink. I plan to eat fruit and oatmeal for breakfast, bean with bacon soup for lunch and a sensible dinner (maybe a boca burger without bread?) before I go so I will not be as hungry. Since I will be eating low-cal all day, if I do get hungry while we are there (we will be there from 5 - 10) I will have the calories available for a little splurge. Like you, I think having a plan before you are faced with the temptations will make a big difference!

I have tried to lose weight for over a year on my own. 27 pounds doesn't sound like a lot to lose but I have no choice now -- I have to find a way to get motivated to lose the weight -- I have been diagnosed with diabetes and with my heart condition, it is life-threatening for me if I do not. My doctor says my heart cannot handle the stress that the diabetes puts on it long-term and if I lose the weight, the diabetes should go away. I think joining this group will be a great way for me to find positive support, great ideas, and to meet the challenges that are set.

I recently bought a Fitbit and I see, from logging my food, that a large part of my problem is my diet. I have discovered that I tend to eat 50-60% of my daily diet as carbs. So, my first order of business, in addition to meeting our challenges, is to figure out ways to cut the carbs and increase protein.

Good luck to all of you!

28842570.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lukeandkrysmom
    Options
    we are only a pound difference in starting this challenge and if you need anything let me know!
  • Baila518
    Options
    This group is devoted and so orderly. We are going to do this woot woot!!
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to do this with you ladies as well!! I need all the support I can get...My head is my worst enemy....
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    I went to crossfit this morning and burned 1082 calories according to my heart rate monitor! It was intense!
  • meni79
    meni79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A really good snack is Skinny pop (popcorn), it has 39 cal in a cup. When I feel like eating chips, I eat these instead.

And I will be doing Zumba today. Good luck to you.
  • SuperStarish8
    Options
    So far so good. Gotta get some more water in me though!

Good luck everyone, keep your thoughts positive. We can only achieve this goal one day at a time.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Doing good today- got my water in and started 30DS. I'm going to an annual street fair today that's centered around food and beer though. I'm going to try to make reasonable choices so I can stay under my cals for the day (I hope!) but I'm not going to stress about it. I also don't normally eat my exercise cals but will make an exception to that today. Today will also involve a ton of walking, though I won't be logging that part (too stop-and-go for me to trust any number MFP would come up with!)

Good luck everyone! This is such a great, organized group- we can do this!
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    Day 1 has been tough on me so far because I'm at work until tomorrow morning at 8AM. I'm not an avid water drinker, but I'm proud of myself for managing 5 glasses so far -- albeit with frequent trips to the loo. I will definitely get the other 3 in by end of day. :D

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    Doing good today- got my water in and started 30DS. I'm going to an annual street fair today that's centered around food and beer though. I'm going to try to make reasonable choices so I can stay under my cals for the day (I hope!) but I'm not going to stress about it. I also don't normally eat my exercise cals but will make an exception to that today. Today will also involve a ton of walking, though I won't be logging that part (too stop-and-go for me to trust any number MFP would come up with!)

You're doing great, and the little frog on your ticker is no longer getting rained on, congrats! XD
  • VickyClare75
    Options
    It's great to see so many people doing this challenge. I've had a good day too. I'm going to start 30DS on Monday.. not looking forward to the jumpin jacks though lol

Good luck everyone! :bigsmile:

xx
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Just remember to drink my last glass of water so that's day 1 done, I was going to start 30ds but my day sort of turned crazy, did manage over an hour walk, as I need to get the kids some bits & bobs from Asda for going back to school on Monday, we all sorted.

I'm doing the laundry tomorrow, washing all the new clothes etc and ironing everything for the week, will start 30ds also!
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    100 WORKOUT - This is what I am using for my Sept-Dec Challenge. I am working my way up. I only get an * if I can do it without stopping....I Can Do This!

100 Jumping Jacks
    90 Crunches
    80 Squats
    70 Leg Lifts
    60 Jumping Jacks
    50 Crunches (30 in a Row)
    40 Squats *
    30 Leg Lifts *
    20 Jumping Jacks *
    10 minutes Elliptical *

And I ran a 5K this morning....42.15........
    It's been a great day!
  • Baila518
    Options
    I went to crossfit this morning and burned 1082 calories according to my heart rate monitor! It was intense!

That is great! I missed the gym and stressing it. My gym closed for the night. I had to stay at work later then I thought ahhh... Need a plan B! Exercise will get in tonight!
  • Baila518
    Options

Good luck everyone! This is such a great, organized group- we can do this!

HI, what is 30 DS? lol thanks...
  • elizabethoneill
    elizabethoneill Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's great to see so many people doing this challenge. I've had a good day too. I'm going to start 30DS on Monday.. not looking forward to the jumpin jacks though lol

Good luck everyone! :bigsmile:

xx

I started 30Ds yesterday i don't mind the jumping jacks its the butt kicks that get me
  • soundtrack
    soundtrack Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

HI, what is 30 DS? lol thanks...
    [/quote]

I think it's DVD program called "30 Day Shred" but I could be wrong.

I find if I try to eat 5 fruits/vegetable servings a day it keeps me on track to crowd out the other cravings. Peaches have been especially tasty recently but you gotta buy 'em often as they need time to ripen.