Interesting Link involves low carb or "clean eating"

TXBelle1174
TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
I know that many of us with hypoT, other Thyroid issues, and adrenal problems have discussed many of the nutrients that this lady in the video talks about. I found it interesting that this woman refers to these nutrients (Vit B, Selenium, Sulphur, COQ10) and many of us are taking these to help ease many of our symptoms.

This is a link my husband showed to me because of the various health issues/symptoms I face everyday. Now mind you, I dont buy into EVERYTHING this lady has to say but for those of use that have chosen to limit carbs for one reason or another, I thought this was some very interesting info. The video is kinda long but it did help me to realize that some of the issues I may be facing may be bigger than I realize AND that perhaps eating all natural foods is the way to go.

This is just INFORMATION - not trying to sway anyone's point of view. Just found it interesting and thought I would share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc

Replies

• debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    I haven't seen Sulphur & COQ10 suggested before. I can't watch a video online, so can't watch it. Is there a web-page that can be read?
  • TXBelle1174
    I haven't seen Sulphur & COQ10 suggested before. I can't watch a video online, so can't watch it. Is there a web-page that can be read?

I am not sure, my husband found it accidentally on you tube

You may try searching for: TEDxIowaCity - Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Minding My Mitochondria: How I Overcame Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Got Out of My Wheelchair came up... doesn't seem to be about hypothyroidism.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Yes - she overcame MS
  • TXBelle1174
    No, it is not about hypoT. However, I have noticed that a lot of supplements that are supposed to help hypoT patients are mentioned in her video (iodine, selenium, CoQ10, etc) and a lot of the early symptoms of MS are similar to those of hypoT patients - brain fog, muscle pain and weakness, fatigue, heat/cold sensitivity, GI issues, etc. She overcame MS but its not just about MS, its about eating healthy, low carb, clean, etc. in order to maintain optimal health for a variety of health problems.

My line of thinking is more along the lines of .... what if hypoT is not the bigger problem? What if the lack of these nutrients, etc is the problem and hypoT (and other issues) is a result of a deficiency of those nutrients? This style of eating helped her reverse debilitating effects of MS... what could it do for a hypoT person? Especially since those nutrients are supposed to help anyway?