DAY 1

Options
2»

Replies

• RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone... ! Great posts on this first day... let's keep it up... for me, checking in with the group daily is a huge boost and I find the support very motivating.

I love planning ahead and always have food with me so that I'm never thrown off if something unexpected happens. I also find the logging in at the time throughout the day rather than at the end of the day really makes me aware of where I"m getting my calories and how well I"m doing throughout the day.

My main workouts are going to be walking (walking and more walking) as well as some biking and am thinking about doing straight out pushups, lunges, crunches etc for the strength building...

Have a great Sunday,All!

...scatter joy...
    lindy
  • strudel82
    strudel82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am beyond excited to be doing this challenge with you guys. I am the most over weight one in the group from looking at the spread sheet. As no matter what size we are, are weight that we have to lose can be very upseting to (most). I just want to say that being so overweight and having everyone here for support and accountablitlity makes me feel very hopeful. My weight has been a huge part of my depression, I am very fearful for my health. My self esteem went byebye. I feel very postitve now with this group now.

I am going to do 45 min on the ellictical and then machine weights for large muscle parts. Whats everyone else doing today? Also this weekend I am going to precook two meals for the week. Does anyone have any good snack suggestions?

Is anyone going to Labor Day bbq or get togethers where food will be a challenge? Are you going to eat what you want and incorporate it in your calories? Are you going to make healthier choices? A little bit of both? I have a bbq to go to and I decided I am not going to have any breads or deserts at the bbq.

I agree w/ a PP, we're all here to support each other, no matter how much weight we're trying to lose!

My big food challenge this weekend is that it's my and my husband's 5 year wedding anniversary, and our tradition is to have a special cake (decorated like our wedding cake). So, of course, I'm dreading that. I'm going to want to eat the whole thing!
  • cmVT208
    Options
    Very excited for this challenge! I hit my 10,000 steps today! Had a BBQ with family & was able to stay within my goals. I balanced my cheese burger with a healthy dose of fruits & veggies. It is becoming easier to balance & a good feeling to know deprivation is not necessary. It is all about moderation!
  • BRAAAAAANDI
    BRAAAAAANDI Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've joined the September 30 Day Shred (3DS) Challenge that's another group on here! I figured it would hold me accountable for that AND help with this group as well!
  • sfrohardt5
    sfrohardt5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing great! I managed to get 12 minutes of stationary biking going between 15 and 16 mph and I just finished my 8 glasses of water for the day. Not sure I'm ready to start the exercise regiment most of you are doing but I am going to do my best to get in some exercise everyday and add more time as it starts to become easier. What exercises did you all find most helpful as a beginner who was not very flexible? I have to begin with low-impact type stuff until I build up my resistance a bit but I will get there! Got my 8 glasses of water and some exercise in today so it's been a good first day!

Let's keep up the momentum! We can reach our goals if we set our minds to it!

28842570.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • samiam321123
    samiam321123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing great! I managed to get 12 minutes of stationary biking going between 15 and 16 mph and I just finished my 8 glasses of water for the day. Not sure I'm ready to start the exercise regiment most of you are doing but I am going to do my best to get in some exercise everyday and add more time as it starts to become easier. What exercises did you all find most helpful as a beginner who was not very flexible? I have to begin with low-impact type stuff until I build up my resistance a bit but I will get there! Got my 8 glasses of water and some exercise in today so it's been a good first day!

Let's keep up the momentum! We can reach our goals if we set our minds to it!

28842570.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

For a beginner I recommend either taking a walk or if you like working out inside your home doing the Leslie Sansone workouts. It is based around walking in place but it can really get the heart rate up.

Today was day 15 of the 30 day shred for me. I'm just trying REALLY hard to make it the full 30 days and not give myself an excuse not to! Good luck to everyone.
  • YouAreYourChoices
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just joined this group and wanted to say hi. I have over 100 pounds to lose so I know this journey is going to be a long one, but I want to focus on the rest of this year, give it my all and start even stronger next year. I look forward to getting to know everyone and I hope to learn from each other. Have a great weekend! :)
  • PHYLLISALEXIS
    PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi. you are not the heaviest person . It is me at 301 lbs. have fun at the bar b que and great success. Keep up the good work.