Day 1: How did you do?

Options
SRH88
SRH88 Posts: 15 Member
Hi Team,

Just checking in to see how everyone went on our first day!

I got up early and went to the gym for 20 min jog and 40 mins weights. Throughout the day I told myself that if I resisted my usual afternoon chocolate fix that I would jump online and share about it - and so I did! Through accountabilty comes willpower.

Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend.

Steph :-)

Replies

• penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am going to a kids birthday party in a few minutes. Pizza and cake!!! I ate a whole wheat chicken wrap just now so I won't be hungry and stuffed 100 cal of pistacios in my purse in case I need a snack.

I am posting my successs on avoiding the cake now so I won't be tempted at all.

I am really excited about this challenge. I hope being a part of it will keep me super motivated.
  • SanjiSun
    SanjiSun Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    so far, so good. Saturday is my laziest day in the week , so I did basically nothing all day :)
    Worked out though, so still 1000 calories to eat if I eat back my exercise calories.
    don't think will do that today though, the 500 remaining without exercise are more than enough, I don't feel hungry at all
  • nellsbells1
    nellsbells1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today I did 60 minutes of Ripped in 30 level 1 and 2.....and I feel great!
  • bonnieluann
    Options
    Day went pretty good went to the farm market.....Walked the dog for 60 mins and did 30 mins of the 30 day biggest loser jump start video
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Rode my bike 11.60 Miles...........
  • pahsar2
    Options
    Went to the gyn early - mostly weights (been hitting cardio hard this week). The coached flag football for my son. Aside from that, still eating healthy and feeling good about my day.
  • Steffidonna
    Steffidonna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Starting the september challenge today guys so wish me lucl!
    Add me if you like, im new to using this site but really motivated to get fit this september!
    Lets get fit and sexy for summer!
  • edlybrook
    edlybrook Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did my usual routine; watched what I ate (under 1200 calories) and walked about 2 miles. As I was running some errands, I stopped at the local Kohl's and bought some new clothes. I started my program at the begining of summer and I was 235 lbs., 38 inch waist, and wearing a large to extra large shirt. Today I weighed in at 194, bought medium tshirts, and shorts with a 32 inch waist. Feeling pretty good right now, pretty good.
  • Dagg33
    Dagg33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I didn't have the best day, but it wasn't the worst. I did drink some wine and ate a little chocolate, but also ate a ton of vegetables, and did some walking up hills. I've been feeling slightly sickly so didn't want to push the exercise too much. How do you guys all stay motivated?
  • Mahi33
    Mahi33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Food wise, I didn't do too well, but I did work out for about an hour. I'll do better tomorrow
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    Options
    Today was pretty good. It was the second day running my new distantance (from a 3 mile run to just over a 4 mile run), so I'm excited about that. Eating was ok, I still need to work on getting in more fruits and vegetables, but my calories were good and my macros were ok.

So, I'm improving, but haven't quite perfected everything yet.
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    Options
    I didn't have the best day, but it wasn't the worst. I did drink some wine and ate a little chocolate, but also ate a ton of vegetables, and did some walking up hills. I've been feeling slightly sickly so didn't want to push the exercise too much. How do you guys all stay motivated?

For me, motivation is coming pretty easy right now. I have finally decided that it is more important to be healthy and confident, and yes, look good, than it is to be comfortable. 'If you do what you have always done, you're going to get what you have always gotten'. And that's not good enough for me anymore.
  • SRH88
    SRH88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great job all of you. Reading through your posts has me motivated to succeed!

I am now off to the gym for day 2. Planning 60 mins of cardio today.

Have a fantastic Sunday!
  • pichurria
    Options
    i did well all day and then crashed with junk food in the evening :(. I worked 3:30A-1:30P yesterday, so that was an extra challenge to eating regularly. Today I'm making it a goal to eat every 3 hours, despite my weird schedule.
  • bloomingolive
    Options
    I was able to stay under my 1200 calorie goal!
    I've had some small splurges, but I was able to compensate-- I'm so glad I have MFP diary to record everything!
    Yesterday morning I was supposed to have warm milk with a tsp. dark cocoa powder- I didn't want to heat the milk and wait, so I used nesquik instant powder. EEEK!! bad bad sugar. Also, 200 cal. went out the wind, so I only had a banana for dinner :D

BUT. I'm happy to report that my sugar cravings are down (though still there) and I have more energy!
    Also, I lost 4 kgs since ten days ago. That is amazing.
    Today I'll take my measurements and start the 30 day shred. I really hope I won't die on my living room floor.
  • prancingpixie99
    prancingpixie99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great Job Guys :D

I stayed under my 1200 calorie goal but I did succumb to some late night snacking. Burned a lot of calories yesterday too

Already had a walk today and going to work out after lunch.
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first Ripped In 30 and I liked it better than first level of the Shred........Woo.Hoo..........
  • althea99
    Options
    We power walked 45 min!
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Well my hubby and I had a good day and I tried a new machine at the Y so I felt good about that. I have been incorporating a lost of firsts this past week and am getting better at figuring out what I like and don't like about excercising. I know me well enough to know what unless I really like something and feel comfortable doing it, I won't maintain it. :) With the weather being so rainy here this past copule days I couldn't get out an ride my bike like I wanted so instead I did my C25K and went to the Y. I'm so glad I joined. My whole family has been going and we love it.
  • ahice11
    Options
    Had a great day - went to an awesome RIPPED class in the morning and watched my food all day. Stayed under on my carb limit - still need to up my protein though.