5 weeks and missing...

Options
So I have been back on plan for almost 5 weeks. And I am missing all the good foods I use to eat. Fruits, whole grains, and yep those starchy veggies we cannot eat while on plan.

Replies

• littleredjd
    Options
    Keep in mind that when you transition off Medifast, you will need to learn to eat carbohydrates in moderation. Everything you miss is full of carbs! The truth is, food containing fat are not responsible for most people's obesity. It is the carbs.
  • letitshine
    letitshine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Irish look how much weight you've lost! You're doing great! Congrats! Just remind yourself, those foods will be still there when you are ready to transition. (That's what I do for myself) :)
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    But think, would you have lost over 30lbs in 5 weeks eating those foods? Probably not ;-)

I guess it all comes down to priorities. What is more important (to you?), eating those high carb foods and being overweight, unhappy, unhealthy OR learning how to eat properly, in moderation and being healthier and happier (and skinnier!). Only you can answer that question :-)
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    I lost only 13 of those lbs with Medifast. The rest was from me watching what I ate and working out. Sadly I've found out the cravings that I never have really are because of the major headaches I am having. I drink at least 96 oz of water and my health coach has no idea why I am having such horrible headaches. They are affecting me at work and with taking care of my 5 month old. :(
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Try a cup of bouillon. I had the same problem, turns out I was drinking so much water I was peeing so much I was losing electrolytes. The sodium in the bouillon should help.
  • Jen0710
    Options
    I was eating a vegan diet earlier this year (for a few months) and lost weight doing so. I loved the way that I felt. Unfortunately, after a vacation this spring, went back to "old ways" and gained weight. I've now lost this and then some on Medifast (32 lbs so far, with 70 ish to go)

I too really miss the fruit, legumes, and whole-grain carbs but know that when I reach my goal on Medifast I can transition back to the healthy carbs in moderation and they'll be part of my life in the future.

I laughed a couple days ago as I looked longingly at my husband's bowl of brown rice and "sloppy lentils" and thought, "Wow! I'm sooo wishing I could eat that right now!" It's a far cry from craving Ben & Jerry's (more typical of my past!).

Hang in there! Reincorporating the carbs will all come in due time!

Jenny
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    I've already talked it over with my doctor and I have to get off of the plan. After having my daughter just to many things changed in my body. We don't know why I am getting such headaches when I'm following the plan 100%. So for my health and sanity I am being taken off of the plan. It is alright I will just have to work harder to reach my goal.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If u read Dr A's Habits of Health he actually gives u charts of low glycemic index foods and a meal plan for like 2 weeks and explains to u what and how to eat reg food to still drop adequate weight take a look at it...;) He also discussed in their how to calculate how many cals a day u should be eating etc to lose weight;)