Hello.. New here & a doubt?

Options
I would love to join all of you with the Atkins diet. This is my first time & before I start the diet, I wanted to clear a few doubts.

1. I am not sure of the ounce measurements used. I read at the website that we are supposed to have 4-6 ounces of protein for each meal. I wanted to know how many eggs will give around 6 ounces of protein. & the same regarding chicken. ( I have only egg, chicken & cheese only as protein source)

2. How much weight have all of you lost on Atkins induction phase?

3. Can soya meal be eaten in induction face as a protein source?

4. Anyone having PCOD & have found positive results with Atkins diet? like reduction in ovarian cyst, weight loss, etc

Thank you. :)

Replies

• Circapaleo
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

2. I've lost about 4 pounds during the first week of induction.

3. No, not according to Dr. Atkins's books (the ones he wrote). He has a pretty succinct list of foods that are allowed during induction. Here's one that someone put on her website: http://www.sugarfreesheila.com/InductionFoodsList.html

Good luck!
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I dont count ounces, or calories...unless it somehow translates to carbs. That's all I count. I monitor my calories so that I'm not going hog wild....but during induction the thing you focus on is your carbs. You can have 20 carbs per day, from the foods allowed on the induction list....and that's it. I've been on a modified induction for 2.5 months, and have lost 35 pounds. Soya meal is not on the induction food list.
    I'd strongly reccomend reading Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution, and it will help you tremendously. Dr Atkins ROCKS!
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    I'd strongly recommend reading Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution, and it will help you tremendously.

^^^ this

Reading the book will greatly enhance your success. :)
  • Mizzylizzy
    Mizzylizzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I believe u can have some soy products in the induction face . I have the New Atkins for a new you. Which might be the latest book. I tried doing the Atkins diet a little over a year ago while being a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and let me tell u it was difficult. Good luck to u.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I would love to join all of you with the Atkins diet. This is my first time & before I start the diet, I wanted to clear a few doubts.

1. I am not sure of the ounce measurements used. I read at the website that we are supposed to have 4-6 ounces of protein for each meal. I wanted to know how many eggs will give around 6 ounces of protein. & the same regarding chicken. ( I have only egg, chicken & cheese only as protein source)
    They mean a 4-6 ounce serving of a protein (ie meat or fish) not that the food should have 29g * 4 oz = 117g of protein. That much (117 g) would be probably more than you need for a whole day.
    That answer varies a lot by person. Many examples are given in the DANDR book. Pick yourself up a used copy.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LowcarbNY/view/the-science-behind-rapid-weight-loss-during-the-1st-week-or-so-of-low-carb-i-e-induction-and-why-it-eventually-slows-down-348757
    Yes but why would you want to when you can eat real delicious food?
    4. Anyone having PCOD & have found positive results with Atkins diet? like reduction in ovarian cyst, weight loss, etc
    You should join one of the many PCOS groups and yes I know many women with PCOD who are Low carbing because they say it helps.
  • 4months2beingthin
    Options

oops.. lolz.. That's 'phase', not 'face'. Sorry about that.
  • 4months2beingthin
    Options

They mean a 4-6 ounce serving of a protein (ie meat or fish) not that the food should have 29g * 4 oz = 117g of protein. That much (117 g) would be probably more than you need for a whole day.
    That answer varies a lot by person. Many examples are given in the DANDR book. Pick yourself up a used copy.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LowcarbNY/view/the-science-behind-rapid-weight-loss-during-the-1st-week-or-so-of-low-carb-i-e-induction-and-why-it-eventually-slows-down-348757
    Yes but why would you want to when you can eat real delicious food?
    You should join one of the many PCOS groups and yes I know many women with PCOD who are Low carbing because they say it helps.

Thank you so much.. esp. about the amount of protein to include. Yes, what you mentioned is true. That will be quite a lot of protein for a day which is what made me wonder if I converted oz to gm in the right way & got the doubt. But your answer clears everything. Thanks once again. :)
  • 4months2beingthin
    Options
    Thank you all for replying. I will be starting the diet tomorrow. I hope this works. I have struggled with weight & PCOD for so long.
  • mojomarie
    mojomarie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! I'm starting the induction phase today and I found the "Atkins New Diet Revolution" online to read, for FREEZZL!!!:))

(on Rapid Library.com:) Here's the link!
    http://docs.rapidlibrary.com/document.php?file=930498&desc=Dr.+Atkins'+New+Diet+Revolution+.pdf#
  • mojomarie
    mojomarie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    oops, wait... maybe this is it...:) If not, go to Rapid Library and look up "Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution".... I'm stoked!:))