anyone with pp edema?

Options
I have had really bad pp edema which seemed to be getting better, than today my legs seemed to take two steps back and become quite swollen. I'm 3 weeks pp and have lost 19 pounds so fare. I also hoping that more weight will come off when this water leaves me. Anyone have edema after pregnancy, if so how long did it last and when did you see your pp weight loss slow down?

Replies

• adrie315
    adrie315 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    congrats on the little one :) and I had some after my son was born i just tried to drink a lot of water (which i was supposed to be doing anyways bc of breastfeeding) and I always tried to keep my feet elevated... it should come off soon.. I think mine was about three weeks or so until I noticed it not to seem as such a problem.. for my pp weight slowing down it was about after two weeks .. i lost 30 pounds that first two weeks then after that its been more of a slow process .. ( i only breastfed for those two weeks bc i ended up not being able to produce enough) so I dont know if I was breastfeeding longer if it would have continued.
  • marmarben
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the serious pregnancy weight drops off first two weeks. I was hoping to see more since I ate healthy and exercised all through pregnancy.