Looking for 40 somethings with 100 or more pounds to lose

Options
lmjonesga
lmjonesga Posts: 32 Member
I am hoping to connect with some friends who are in similar situation as I am. I am 43 and need to lose at least 100 pounds; probably more like 120 in all honesty.

I would love to have some camaraderie and support from someone who "gets it", if that makes sense. My husband is height/weight proportional and has no clue what it feels like to be in my shoes. I want to get healthy for myself, but also so I can be there for my husband and children for the long haul.

If you are in a similar situation and need some support, let's friend each other. I need the accountability, so very much!

We can do this! :)
Lisa

Replies

• gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa! I'm 44 and still have right around 100 to lose. Feel free to add me if you like.

Good Luck!
    :happy:
  • LadyAlston
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nick, I'm 40 and I've got over 100lbs to lose. My hubby is a beanpole, and can eat anything he likes and not gain weight. It's frustrating!
    All friends gratefully accepted!
  • iwanttobestrongagain
    Options
    Hi, I almost have 100 lbs to lose...I need to lose about 90 to get to what I consider a healthy weight which is 140 lbs (although doctors say I should weigh more like 125, that's probably never going to happen!). Please feel free to add me. :)
  • ksfmcdaniel
    ksfmcdaniel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and have about 120 pounds to lose overall. I'm also very highly motivated at the moment but dread when that starts to drop...because it always drops...

I've been on here a couple of weeks and have actually tracked every day. Woo! Might be a new record for me! I'd love some new friends, as well - it always helps to have people on the journey with me. :)
  • lbrown
    lbrown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I am also 43 and need to lose 100! I started about 1 month ago but still am figuring myself out, but getting a bit better everyday, would love new friends, feel free to friend me.

Lynn
  • ljpjones
    ljpjones Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I will send you a request, I am 46 have lost 12lbs on here 23 all together, but still have 120 to go. I am also a mother of three and a Nana of 7. Good luck :-)
  • azjenny72
    azjenny72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and also have about 120 to lose. I have one son and also have a husband who is height/weight proportionate and doesn't always get it although he does support me no matter what.
  • GottaLoveRenee
    GottaLoveRenee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and although I don't have any children and I'm not married, my goal was to lose over 100 lbs. I'm down 24, since June of this year, and within the last 3 weeks, I've been more motivated than ever, losing 6 lbs since getting my act together. I'm driven now and I can see how I can lose this weight. I don't have a secret to doing it except to stay around or under 900 net calories. I can do this and I'm rewarded by the way I feel as I'm shedding the pounds.

Feel free to add me.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me, i am on daily.
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just turned 44 last Tuesday and have 110 lbs to lose at least. Anyone can feel free to add me! :)
  • Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 44 and have about 120 to lose. I need all the encouragement I can get. Everyone feel free to add me!!