Help a newbie out? :)

Options
l_stanz
l_stanz Posts: 17 Member
Hi All!

I just started Stage 1 today and I have a REALLY dumb question - how long does the workout usually take you? I did Workout A and followed all of the reps and was done in about 20 minutes. I feel like I must have done something wrong because that seems really short to me!

Any ideas?

Replies

• jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Sounds like you did it right. Most of us felt the same way when we started. It just doesn't feel right getting a workout done so quickly. I'm just about done with Stage 1. The other stages get longer from what I've been reading.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    stage 1 is short, it gets a bit longer toward the end with the extra set. Stage 2 is about 45-50mins including warmup :happy:

good luck!
  • l_stanz
    l_stanz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'm relieved to know I didn't completely mess up my first day! :)
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    They get longer as you go along. Stage one was 20 to 30 minutes, so I added a longer cardio warm-up and some cardio intervals to the end in order to burn more calories. Stage 3 takes me almost 90 minutes including the intervals and/or body weight matrix at the end. I always warm up with a 15 minute walk/run on the treadmill, though.

Just focus on increasing your weights every time in order to get a good workout in.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yup 20 minutes sounds just right. I do a 5 minute warm-up and 10 minute cool-down to bump it a little, too. Today was my first workout with the extra set, and it took 26 minutes.

I'm kind of scared for 90 minute workouts. I already get up at 5 am to fit in my 35-40 minutes.