What are your results so far?

Options
cinico
cinico Posts: 294 Member
I got back on the primal/paleo wagon late July and I have only lost 4ish pounds! I was hoping for more but I am happy I have at least lost some!

For those of you that did the August challenge how did it go?

For anyone else will you please share your results?

Thanks

Replies

• skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've been paleo for a year now, and I've lost about 15 pounds in that time.

Really, though, I have to remind myself that paleo isn't about weightloss - it's about achieving optimal health. If I look at it that way, I have no stomach issues, no more chronic headaches, I rarely get sick (even though my kids bring home every bug imaginable!), I have less dry, itchy skin, more energy and mental clarity, sleep better and less PMS symptoms....among lots of other things! Those results are far more important to me than any number.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've been doing primal since April and have lost 25 lbs. For the first month or so, I logged my food and then I started logging every three days or so. Now I don't log at all.

I also did P90X for my exercise program. I knew at my age, it would take more than just diet to get the scale moving... I am getting ready to start another round of P90X because just like eating primal, I love the way it makes me feel! Plus I have about 10 more pounds to lose.

I noticed that I was cheating here and there and it was happening more and more... So I did the Whole30 last month (only lasted 24 days), but it was great to get re-focused on eating properly.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Been 7 months and down 57lbs. Right now I eat good healthy food and the weight loss will follow. Not really worried about it since i'm in for the long haul!
  • msdivine26
    Options
    Today is Day 7 of Paleo for me. Down 4 pounds already. Love it!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for responding! It just helps me stay motivated when I hear of others progress!
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've been paleo for about a year. Lost 35 or so pounds. First 25 were in the first 2 months. My weight hasn't changed much in the 8 months, but my body composition has. I started kickboxing 2-3 days a week 2 months ago, and that has helped speed things up a bit, but I think I'm gonna get a kettlebell and work with that on my off days and see if that helps much.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I'm on day 9, and I've already lost 8 pounds! Apparently, my body likes this whole no-grain business. I only was looking to lose 15-20 pounds total, so I hope I can keep it up! I don't expect to lose it all as fast as I did in the first 9 days... but it's definitely encouraging!

I'm Primal (not Paleo), so I keep my carbs around 50g /day. I also still track my calories and have been able to keep it around 1550/day. I've been working out 4-5 times a week, but I'm not doing those super long cardio sessions like I used to.

In the first 9 days, I'm loving this primal lifestyle!
  • Touchdown73
    Touchdown73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Down 55+ since switching to Paleo on June 8th

Been pretty much doing a Whole 30 version that whole time with a few cheat meals in
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    lost 55lbs with one cheat say per week. It took about 9 months and i've been maintaining since then (18 months total). I did use a calorie deficit, which was easy to maintain due to all the fat and protein I've been eating.
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Went sugar free in February, lost 10 lbs. Went grain-free Primal in June and lost another 15. Weight loss has nearly stalled, but I'm sure I'm losing inches and feeling FABULOUS all the time!!
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    60 days for me being primal, I lost 11 pounds and now I'm stalled.......however having said that I packed away my size 18 pants and am proudly wearing a size 16 and they fit terrific.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Primal since January and lost 33 lbs in the first three months, and an additional 6 in the months afterwards. I fell off the wagon the past few weeks but back on now, doing Whole30, day 2. I'm currently sitting at 159 lbs at 5'10" and have lost 1.2 lbs since yesterday when I weighed in.
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i've been eating primal for almost 3 weeks now. down almost 10 lbs. i have a little bit more energy. i'm still waiting for this huge rush of tons of energy i've heard so many talk about, but i've yet to experience that. i'm sleeping much better, and consistently on a schedule for the first time in years. my stomach isn't bloated anymore. i stay fuller longer (which also means i'm eating less and not meeting my calories but that's a whole 'nother issue). just overall, i'm feeling a little better than i did before, which has helped me drink a lot less than normal. i'm slowly getting there.
  • renkatrun
    renkatrun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Three weeks of paleo - down ten pounds and people at work have told me that I am completely transformed in regard to the energy I exude...
  • reluctantMANGO
    reluctantMANGO Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    7 pounds down in just over 2 weeks. Feel amazing - lots of energy (took the stairs 4 flights yesterday to get to the car. I NEVER do that). Skin is so smooth, and everything. tastes. so. good.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Been primal since end of July - beginning of July just low carb. I've lost 25 pounds so far, and this is probably because I also now able to do IF and do a lot of walking. The best part, besides the weight loss, is I'm not starving (and neither is my husband) and we have both lost most of our joint pain. My skin is clearer and I have lots of energy. Its easy to follow when you significant other is also following the system, which we now understand is a new way of life and not just "a diet".
  • Cdposey26
    Cdposey26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Paleo for 30 days today and lost 25lbs in those 30 days
  • KittyMarie13
    Options
    I've been doing Primal for 2.5 weeks, and I'm down just shy of 10 lbs. But, I am starting with at least 100 lbs extra weight so I have a long way to go to get to optimal health. Plus I'm pretty sure 6 lbs was water weight, because it came off within two days. I also work with a personal trainer and take calisthenics/strength classes to try and work on my muscle strength.
  • domez
    domez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yep the cheating really brings you down. Since joining MFP I can now track carbs and pinpoint my cheats.
  • domez
    domez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Same here.