For New members-( come on over )

Options
Here's your page:
Are there any new members that haven't tested the waters yet, that would like to post? We would love to hear from you. Your goals you've set for yourself, your strengths your weaknesses, married , not married, children, no children , cat person, dog person.... Sorry, I'm just being funny : / ... we do that a lot on here......but we would love to hear from you.

Replies

• dlkamp82
    dlkamp82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP. I am 51. I have been overweight as long as I can remember. After I had my last child (who turned 21 this year) I never lost my baby weight. I just added more weight over the years. January 1, 2012 I decided I was tired of being overweight and unhealthy. So far I have lost 40 lbs. I still have at least 30 more pounds to loose. I have had to fight for each pound lost. And I am thinking these last 30 will be hard so I was looking for support and fun.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi D, Glad to have you. We usually post anything we may need support with in our lives, the good , the bad, and the ugly...sometimes. Seems there is always someone who can relate . Just pop in on our posts.sometimes we post on the same one for a few days or more.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi D, we would love to have you join us. T2 and Snoozie as well as the rest of us can relate as well as make you laugh your butt off...well some of them can. Me not so much. Come hang out with the Hatters and see where the fun is.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Welcome D

Like you I am 51 and unlike you I have lost over 100 twice and numerous other pounds so many times I have lost count. It has only been recently that I have come to understand that making this a life style change is the only way I am going to make my goals permanent.

The Hatters are a wonderful group of ladies that will make you laugh, cry and share so much more than you ever thought you would. The results of which will be learning so much that will aid you on your journey. The ladies listen and supports anything we need to vent about or just need to put out there to understand ourselves.

I hope you come to enjoy this special group as much as I do.

Tammy
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome D
    Congrats on losing 40 lbs. Keep up the good work you will get there. My youngest turned 22 in July.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Another newbie to the group.

I've been on MFP since mid June and still trying to find where I fit in.
    I'm 52, widowed, overweight and out of shape but working on it. I had a heart attack which is what led me here to try and get my diet under control and make better choices for myself. I've been sidelined this past week as I rolled my ankle and tore some tendon but its getting better, as of yesterday I can get a shoe on my foot not that its comfy or anything but its on :grumble:

Hope I get to know some you better :smile:
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the invite:laugh: I joined mfp a year ago but was gone for a long time. I have started again with renewed energy and plus 30 more pounds:explode:

I have 4 grown children and 7 wonderful grandchildren. I am from sw Nebraska.
  • slimmikimmi
    slimmikimmi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI my name is Kim and I am 49 and enjoying the roller coaster ride of menopause! LOL my biggest problem is the weight gain, I have 25 lbs to lose and it will not budge. I left Weight Watchers cause I cant get anywhere with it. Now I am being told the fruit and carbs are too much and to focus more on protein and vegetables. I belong to 24 Hour Fitness and do at least 30 min of cardio and 30 min of weights most days. I am married and have cats who are spoiled rotten! I used to clean houses but now help my husband with his business. A guy at the gym told me about My Fitness Pal and I love it. I am finally getting some results but its still slow and I am not a patient person! LOL Look forward to getting to know you all! :)
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Just wanted to say welcome to the newest members of the Menopausal Mad Hatters :flowerforyou:

Hope you managed to find your way over to the group - I learned from one of our own that you have to turn off the "safe" feature when you search for it but if you can't find us, just send any of us a message and we'll send you the link!

Feel free to lurk awhile, or just join in anytime with a post - cause we're all in this together (omg.. did i really just make reference to a high school musical song?) Must be a hot flash mentel-pause moment!! :sad:
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! You will love this place.

Kimberly:flowerforyou:
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Well sorta new. I joined the group but have been lurking until now. My name is Geri Sue, 53, :blushing: 213.8 (as of this morning at the docs ofc). I have been overweight since birth. I have gained and lost at least one person over the last 40 yrs and I do mean 40 - my parents had me on a diet at 12 and at a 'gym' to lose weight.

I have tried most anything diet aid, trick, program. I did lose about 100lbs 7 yrs ago with a National Program, but they kicked me to the curb when I plataued and I didn't know waht to do - that plan had been a restrictive diet. So I gained all but 10lbs back.

I showed up on MFP January 2nd. I have logged in every single day, have tracked e very bite - even when I knew it was not going to be a good day - and I have now lost 58 pounds.

Sounds like this is an awesome group. I already know Tonya and Sue. But I am excited to meet all of you...

Geri:bigsmile:
  • bestmother13
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Sharon. 56 years old, newly diagnosed diabetic. My 2 boys are grown. My husband is a great guy, but does not like to exercise. This group has had helpful entries, which i appreciate very much. I will be hiking up the Grand canyon in a month (Yikes- how did I get talked into that?) Have lost 8 pounds in 6 weeks despite exercising alot. The exercise is a new habit for me, so some days it is hard to get motivated. My job is 3-11PM and sometimes early morning meetings, which can make proper sleep and eating a little tricky.

Thank you for sharing your stories and your hard work. (I have probably 50- 60 more pounds to lose to get to an ideal weight, so here I look to give and get support from the wonderful folks I am reading about!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon! Lovely to meet you and welcome to the Menopausal Mad Hatters!!

I copied your post over to our current day(S) topic.. this page was just lovingly put out by Time2 to let other women know we exist and welcome everyone... but here's the link to our current "page"... please come on over and meet us there :o)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/734484-2012-09-10-menopausal-mad-hatters-chatter-monday

And if anyone else should be looking to join... just search under groups Menopausal Mad Hatters (but make sure your "SAFE SEARCH" feature is off ... I kinda goofed when I created it lol.. and look for the newest date ... that's where we'll be!

I'm taking your post over there Sharon LOL..
  • SunnyLynnie
    SunnyLynnie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for the invite! I have been on MFP for months and months, only to show a 7 pound weight loss. I am hoping that through this group I can learn how to lose even if my estrogen is dropping like a rock and I am on anti-depressants. It's very frustrating. I'm always been slim and just the last few years, it is very challenging to lose weight. It's only 20 pounds but it's a 20 pounds that won't go away. Looking forward to more!

I live up in Canada where it's getting cold!