hate vegetable

Options
I'm 44 and plan on stating next week. My biggest fear is I hate vegetables. My plan is to just man the **** up and eat them. But, does anyone have any secrets to getting your veggies in a painless manner?

Replies

• ketokay
    ketokay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try adding some of the sweeter veggies. Green Giant makes a 'garden medley' with green/yellow beans and carrots that's good. I was like you...hated, hated, HATED veggies...literally would make me gag, but now I actually crave green beans. I love them. Carrots are a little higher carb, so don't go crazy with them. Watch the carb counts on the sweeter veggies like carrots. Remember, Carbs -(minus) fiber = net carbs. This is the number you add to your daily total.

Also, I buy frozen veggies, due to the fact they're easy for me to cook in a few mins. All I do is weigh out how much I want (go by weight, not cups. Buy a food scale. Just do it. You will learn to eyeball food eventually, but early on you definitely need it), 1 serving, on the back of the bag, heat a pan on the stove, toss in some butter (real butter), and pan fry it with some sea salt.

I personally throw cheese and sour cream on top of veggies because that makes it even sweeter for me, but that's just personal taste. Some may find that pretty gross. Depends how you feel about sour cream :)

Hope that helped you a little bit!
  • itsedjusted
    Options
    Thanks. I posted this over and reddit and got as ton of great responses.
  • keepingconstant
    Options
    You could try cheesy broccoli, I don't know anyone who can hate cheesy broccoli.