Active group over 60, how active?

Options
Hi everyone. I am just wondering how things are going and if this group is active here. I looked thru the members list and see a lot fo folks that have not logged in for months.

I would like to know if anyone would like a challenge for this month to lose lets say three (3 pounds) ? I know that does not seem like a lot, but it is a good start.

I have been up and down for the last few months, up two, down three, and so on. I need to get with the program again and keep doing this right. I still want to lose another 30 lbs.

So....let me know and I will be here to encourage and help as much as I can. Always looking for serious new friends.

Blessing to you,

Rob

Replies

• debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    I can do 3lbs:bigsmile:
  • debjae
    Options
    I was ready to go for a walk when I got a phone call. After 30 minutes on the phone I was trying to talk myself out of walking. BUT I did it I took a 30minue walk and feel much better.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    It is active but sort of in spurts. There is a core of us that logs in daily. I would like to aim for 3 pounds. Sounds reasonable to me as I have also been up and down., also. Small goals seem doable. Thanks for the encouragement. And we can check in ...weekly??? Or whenever we wish to communicate?
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. How often do you want to check in? On Tuesdays, Fridays Or ???????????? 3 #'s is hard for me these days but I'm up for the challenge.:drinker:

Ginny:flowerforyou:
  • Semperfione
    Options
    Yes this group is active, LOL....great to see you all are here and willing to go for it. Yes we can weigh in weekly, how about we weigh in one week from today? I know we can do this so lets encourage each other thru the hard times and make things happen.

Please feel free to add me if you have room on your page for another friend. I work during the week, but will check in and encourage you as much as possible.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day to you all.

Rob
  • steppingstones
    Options
    I am suggesting we begin tomorrow. And weigh in 1 week from Tuesday. I like to weigh first thing and I need a starting point. Also, will give a few others a chance to join us. This is a great idea.
    Steps
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Sounds good to me. How often do you want to check in? On Tuesdays, Fridays Or ???????????? 3 #'s is hard for me these days but I'm up for the challenge.:drinker:

G Me too. But let's do it :wink:
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Good luck everyone!
  • ginnylee74
    Options

G Me too. But let's do it :wink:

Steps, we can really do this I'm sure. Tuesdays sounds great. How about everyone else?????????????? rsloop?????
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    Hi

I just read rsloop post and he would like to start a week from today to weigh in on Monday. Since he started this I think it would be good if we weighed then. I'm willing if everyone is. I am going to start today as I weighed in this am.

September 4th 2012
    CW............198.7
    GW.............195.0
  • debjae
    Options
    I weighed this am 221.
  • Semperfione
    Options
    I weighed in at 220 right on the button.

See you on Monday or Tuesday whatever works for the rest of us here, Best wishes and praying us thru this ... we can do it. 3 pounds we can do. :):smile:
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Hi

I just read rsloop post and he would like to start a week from today to weigh in on Monday. Since he started this I think it would be good if we weighed then. I'm willing if everyone is. I am going to start today as I weighed in this am.

September 4th 2012
    CW............198.7
    GW.............195.0

G -Sounds good to me.
  • smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I heard about the challenge from ginnylee and started last week. I weighed in at 164.9.
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    Is there we weigh in on our 3 pound challenge? I weigh 163.9 today.
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    Is there we weigh in on our 3 pound challenge? I weigh 163.9 today.

I think we just copy and paste and post it here. I forgot to weigh in this a.m. I will do so tomorrow. Then post here. Awesome, I just noticed you've already lost a pound. WtG:)

Ginny
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    Ginny, that is one of the 3 I gained back in the last 3 weeks!!:blushing:
  • debjae
    Options
    Good morning I am 220 today I did see 219 one day last week but going with the 220 so lost 1 lb.
  • ginnylee74
    Options

Darn, here I thought you had lost a NEW pound, however at least you are not holding on to those gained pounds. WTG:)
  • gobunkos
    gobunkos Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been on vacation and missed the beginning of the challenge, I will start with my weigh-in on Thursday, which is 2.4 lbs more than when I started my vacation (so hopefully the 3 shouldn't be a problem). I will weigh-in tomorrow morning (Wed has been my normal day) and get in sync with everyone else next week.