Wine drinkers?

Options
are there any other avid wine fans out there? What's your favorite kind and how often do you allow yourself to indulge?

Replies

• CharletteMad
    Options
    I love sweet whites...Rieslings, moscatos and love love port!!! I usually have a glass every night... I can't help it... I LOVE it!
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge wine fan! I love reds, usually Merlot blends. But in the summer I like whites too like a nice Riesling. I indulge about 2-3 glasses a week, sometimes more on the weekends. I can't help it- if it were up to me I'd live on wine, cheese, and baguettes for the rest of my life. ;)
  • rositsky
    rositsky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love a good glass of port too! Tonight I'm going to a friend's birthday party and I just don't have the desire/will power to *not* drink wine, so...I think I'll indulge in a glass or two and try to make it up with a good run tomorrow. :)
  • allibazzer
    allibazzer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to lose those last 10 i think i"ve got to cut out the wine, the wine that I love so much!
  • poetictraveller
    poetictraveller Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I believe it's wine that is stalling my progress. As much as I love it....I have to cut back. Maybe 2-3 glasses per week is a good starting point.
  • jessicatabata
    Options
    I agree. I think wine is slowing my orogress as well. Those calories really do add up fast ! I generally have 1 cocktail or a glass of wine 4 - 5 days a week. I keep saying its only one but its time to get serious.
  • Krista_1
    Krista_1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey Charlette, I was drinking a glass of red wine every evening before MyFitnessPal. Then, when I started on a 1200 calorie diet, I found I did not have room for 150 calorie glass of daily wine, and still not be ravenously hungry. It just does not fill me up like some sort of solid food would.
    I cut out having the couple of Nesteas each day, too-which was another 120 calories or so each day. A coffee latte, seems to fill me up, so I haven't quite cut that out. But, beverages can rack up calories quickly and may not stay with you the way food would. Now, I treat myself to wine about once a week, and I find that's a good balance for me. Several studies have found red wine good for the heart.
    My favorite is the Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon in the big liter bottle. It's available at Costco for under $9.
  • aninjasquirrel
    Options
    Yup, It was a shock to realise when I started logging my food that I was drinking half my calorie allowance at the weekends! LOVE the reds, a nice Pinot Noir or Merlot, but I've tried to stick to one day of drinking a week, and no more than 3 glasses. Even that's still a lot of calories, but I'm trying to find a balance between getting fit and still having a social life at the moment...
  • Hssh1988
    Hssh1988 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Malbec is a.mazing. I find the fuller bodied reds more satisfying, so I only have 1 or 2 glasses at home.
  • boobunnie72
    Options
    Chocovine Wine ~ Chocolate Whipped flavor ~ mmmm delish!!! One good sized glass usually does it for me though =)
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've been on a Malbec kick, but have sadly cut back on my wine drinking. I used to have a glass or two a night. Now it is once or twice a week.
  • jooonesy
    jooonesy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm a red wine fan and also have really been into Malbec. Also Chianti (even joined a wine of the month club)... I use to drink wine almost nightly, but now I find myself not drinking it so often. Maybe 3 times a week?
  • JIGGLYbellyPUFF
    JIGGLYbellyPUFF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Stella Rosa Rosso! LOVE it! If any of you live near LA, visit the winery! It's a couple of blocks from USC+LAC and they have a really cute restaurant. It's cheap too! It's $24 for 3 bottles. A little more if you buy one, a little less if you buy 6.

edit: i wanted to add that the winery is called the "San Antonio Winery", but they sell it at Vons/Costco as well.

To anybody: Do you like any specific Riesling?
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    not much of a wine fan, although i do like a good riesling for dessert. my problem is slightly differen...beer. dun dun dun. i love them all.
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of pinot grigio/pinot gris. I typically drink Santa Margarita, but absolutely love a brand only sold at Trader Joe's, which is called Grigio Luna. For $5.99, it's light, not too fruity and rivals more expensive wines I've had. I also love King Estate Pinot Gris from Oregon.

I've just started delving into Cabs. I've found a few Chilean ones at Costco, but the names escape me.

I workout to enjoy wine.
  • o2bADyer
    Options
    I love sweet whites...Rieslings, moscatos and love love port!!! I usually have a glass every night... I can't help it... I LOVE it!

My taste in wine is the same as yours...and I probably have a few glasses a week. I also like Michelob Ultra, which is slightly lower on calories.