Introductions

2»

Replies

• H_Jack
    H_Jack Posts: 48 Member
    Hi! I'm Heather, I'm a 30 year-old work-from-home mom to an 8 month old baby girl. I'm a fashion writer. Married 2.5 years to my husband who teaches at a local university. I'm on the crunchy end of the spectrum when it comes to the babe. We breastfeed, co-sleep, baby wear, yada yada. I've managed to make it down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but would like to shave off some extra pesky pounds I've been carrying around for a few years.

I recently cut my workload a bit so I could do a little more focusing on raising my daughter and getting out and about. Sometimes the homestead and Target just don't cut it for human interaction! Hopefully, this change will also mean more time for long (stroller pushing) walks and Pilates at the Y! Nice to meet everyone!
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Heather, just throw that babe up on your back, or on your front. Who needs a stroller? ;) I used to wear both of mine around, and it makes for good exercise.
  • H_Jack
    H_Jack Posts: 48 Member
    She gets plenty of baby-wearing time, but we let a new mommy friend try our Boba, so we're working with a ring sling and a stroller for a few weeks. I don't want to hip-carry for a long walk, so stroller it is!
  • Hi, I am Jen. Have a son (6) and daughter (4). I am a stay at home mom. Finally ready to loose the weight that I gained from my pregnancies and unhealthy eating habits. I am not a morning person, so I don't understand how some of you can get up at 5 am to workout, but good for you all!
  • Johnnylove77
    Johnnylove77 Posts: 5 Member
    Well Looks Like I'm the only Dad on here so far, I am a happily married man who's just lost his business. My wife is on the fast track at her work so I decided to give this full time parenting thing a whirl and I will tell you WOW this is tough work!!! We have a Five year old Girl who starts K-Garden tomorrow and boy/girl Two and a half Yr old Twins!! I have recently lost 40 lbs by changing my diet with the help of meal replacement shakes and a more active lifestyle.

My biggest obstacle as a new house parent is planning, I'm not very organized hopefully I can learn something from all of you wonderful mom's out there.
This discussion has been closed.