How many of us have a 5K the wknd of 9/8?

Options
mayberry310
mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
I've been seeing a lot of posts lately and it seems a good amount of us have a 5K on the weekend of September 8th.

If you do, is it your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc?
What's it called?

I'll go first:

I do on Saturday the 8th. It'll be my 1st 5k ever and I won't be fully completed with the C25K, but I'm pushing myself to finish it regardless. I know I will walk some of it, but that's okay. :)

It's called the 10th Annual Firefighter 5K.

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I do!

It'll be my second 5K. My goals are to run the entire thing and do it in under 36:47 (the time from my first 5K).

It's called the City Stadium for Veterans 5K.
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Me! It is my first. I made my sister join it with me. It is called "City of Greenfield Parks & Recreation 5k Run/Walk". I joined it because it is very very very small so I won't feel too intimidated! I finished C25K a little over a week ago, so I know I can go the whole distance, even if some of the walkers will probably finish before me!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    <
    I have a 5K coming up on Sept. 8th for Care Net (see pic on Left). This Saturday, Sept 1st, I am going to go run the path that I think they are going to follow. This will be my 2nd 5K and my first that I will run all the way... (thanks to C25K and to all the support from my friends on MFP and locally). I am hoping to complete it in 30 minutes or less. I am excited and looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a great run on their 5K.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Mine is the following weekend - so I will be anxiously watching to see how the other newbies do the week before. This will be my first - it's the biggest loser run/walk.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Harvest Hustle in Plainfield, Indiana with my son-in-law. Its put on by the church to benefit the local food bank.
    Its my first official 5K and I hope to run it non-stop in under 38 minutes.

Over the last week I've run 3.1, 3.4, and today 3.6 miles. So the "non-stop" part should be no problem. But right now my time is about 40 minutes.
  • mayberry310
    Options
    Are you all who are doing your first 5k this coming weekend getting nervous or is it just me?
  • mayberry310
    Options
    Is anyone else getting nervous about this weekend's 5k if it's your first? I AM!
  • mayberry310
    Options
    I'm doing the Harvest Hustle in Plainfield, Indiana with my son-in-law. Its put on by the church to benefit the local food bank.

Over the last week I've run 3.1, 3.4, and today 3.6 miles. So the "non-stop" part should be no problem. But right now my time is about 40 minutes.

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow Hoosier! I'm in Richmond and mine is in Cambridge City. I'm getting nervous!! And 40 minutes to me sounds like a dream. I'm clocking about 44:13. As long as I come in under 45 I'll be over the moon excited!

Have you seen the one in Indy in December called (I think if memory serves me right) the Santa Hustle? It keeps calling my name.
  • rwozzie
    rwozzie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Flower Power 5 mile in Pinckney MI on the 8th. I ran a 5k in May, and this will be my 2nd race I have participated in. I'm really excited because it is a trail run, so it should have some great scenery!
  • cobracars
    Options
    Are you all who are doing your first 5k this coming weekend getting nervous or is it just me?

No, just you! LOL HAHAHAHAHA :bigsmile:
  • cobracars
    Options

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow Hoosier! I'm in Richmond and mine is in Cambridge City. I'm getting nervous!! And 40 minutes to me sounds like a dream. I'm clocking about 44:13. As long as I come in under 45 I'll be over the moon excited!

Have you seen the one in Indy in December called (I think if memory serves me right) the Santa Hustle? It keeps calling my name.

Howdy! But I'm not a fellow Who'sYer (as in Who's yer daddy? LOL)
    I'm from the land of Al Capone and Barry Obama, the state where 2 out of three governors are in jail.
    Going for a visit this weekend and really looking forward to seeing the grandkids and doing the race with SIL.
    Last Friday I ran 3.1 miles in about 37 minutes, so I'm not nervous at all.
  • mayberry310
    Options

Howdy! But I'm not a fellow Who'sYer (as in Who's yer daddy? LOL)
    I'm from the land of Al Capone and Barry Obama, the state where 2 out of three governors are in jail.
    Going for a visit this weekend and really looking forward to seeing the grandkids and doing the race with SIL.
    Last Friday I ran 3.1 miles in about 37 minutes, so I'm not nervous at all.

LOL! Well I'm from the north right outside of good ol' Gary, so I'm familiar with people from Illinoi no "S" on purpose... because I know how to pronounce your state's name. :)

Glad you aren't nervous! Congrats on your success!
  • lldem
    lldem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5k for the Terry Fox Run Sept 16. My first "real" run will be in Nov through a winery 2.5 hr away. We all get Tshirts for registering. There are about 14 women from our C25k group going. I'm pumped but no doubt will get nervous days before. I want to finish it in less than 35 min.
  • SquidNebula
    SquidNebula Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be in my first 5k on the 8th. kilometers for canines in St. Louis.
    I'm a little nervous.
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm running this weekend in Pooler, GA to benefit the Warrior Transition Unit at Fort Stewart. I only started week 6 last night but thought I'd just slide right into week 7 during the 5k!

Good luck, everyone & HAVE FUN!!
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone running tomorow! I'm so excited for mine!
  • mayberry310
    Options
    Good luck to everyone running tomorow! I'm so excited for mine!

Ditto! I'm getting the nervous excited feeling. I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep tonight... like it was when you were a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Ha!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I made it to the Care Net 5K this weekend in Rapid City. (I almost did not go b/c the night before I must have pushed my self too far in my workout b/c my right hip muscles were and still are quite sore. The pain lessened enough with much stretching and a morning strength excersice session with NFL TC (Wii) for me to take part.)There were over 40 participants which was nice to see. I came in over the finish line in 27 minutes... my personal best... and it felt sooo good. Now I rest and take it easy for a few days to get my hip to feel better. Thank you to the C25K program and to all my friends here on MFP.
  • cobracars
    Options
    At the end of our run a few of the runners using Running Apps said the race actually turned out to be like 3.3 K !!

I've been running it in about 38 minutes, and all of a sudden on Saturday it took me 40.22?? So I believe the organizers got the measurements wrong. It sort of makes sense because they used a bridge as a turnaround. I guess they didn't want the turnaround in the middle of a trail pathway and they wanted to use the same overhead banner for the Start/Finish. I just wonder why they didn't move the banner about another .1 further down the parking lot.

Had a bunch of fun and ran the entire distance!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Race day has come & gone - how'd everyone do?

I didn't do as well time-wise but was very proud of my little distance victory - almost 2 whole miles without stopping; I blogged about it here: http://mommacollett.blogspot.com/2012/09/running-exploring.html