Primal to Paleo?

Options
lokisadie
lokisadie Posts: 14 Member
I was just wondering how many of you started Primal, and eased into Paleo. For those of you who have, did you notice a big difference in how you felt or weight loss? I am gradually dropping my dairy, but have cut out all grains so far. Just wondering if you noticed a big difference. Thanks!

Replies

• domez
    domez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I noticed that the milk I was drinking increased my carbohydrate level so I have given milk up but still having cream. I have had a small loss of weight (1/2 Kg) since but too early yet to see if it will make a big difference.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    When I move into Primal, I enjoy my life more than I was in Paleo. I could drink merlot wine, eat Bree cheese, and loose up once while on. I still lose weight by the way.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will move into Paleo. But I have been slowly cutting back and have tried to be more mindful of how much dairy I do consume. I am now trying to keep it to a minimum, but I don't think I will cut it out completely. I do chose full fat, organic, pasture raised options as much as possible.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I went paleo while I did my whole30 and I think I'll be happier having some cheese if I want it than not getting to have it.I'm definitely going to limit my dairy since I do feel better, but you can't separate me from blue cheese for too long without me getting cranky :)
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I lasted almost three days on paleo whole30. I'm back to primal.
  • OliveLucas
    Options
    I've been on Paleo for 2 months now, I'm thinking to move to Primal.
    I don't drink milk, but I love cheese.
    I'm going to learn more about Primal before making the change.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I don't have any medical reasons for not consuming cow's milk. Plus, I'm trying to maintain or even gain a bit of weight, so milk is perfect. And since I've recently started lifting, I find myself craving milk a lot, especially on days that I lift.

A primal/paleo type diet appeals to me because of the limited (no) grains. I'm always trying to eat more meat, chicken, fish, and veggies. However, it's not a check list or a religion to me.

Fresh, whole milk tastes great, and it makes me feel good. Ergo, why stop drinking it?

--P
  • madlibscholar
    madlibscholar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Though I was continuing to eat some dairy when I started primal months ago, I have been much more mindful of how much I'm consuming...now that I am a bit better at cooking this way, I find that cheese doesn't have to be my 'go to' snack or fat source anymore. I try and keep my cheese consumption to one very small serving per day (like a bit of grated cheddar on my eggs in the am). I do like a splash of milk in my cup of tea, but I normally only have one cup in the afternoon, anyway, so it's minimal. I don't think I could omit dairy completely...especially since it doesn't effect me in any negative ways, so I'll keep it and maintain my awareness!