The nicest thing

Options
jenbit
jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
Ok so I was weed waking my lawn on Sunday because I dont own a lawn mower.Well Mr. Nice guy called cause we were supposed to go to the movies that night. Well he found out that I had been doing the yard for hours and he told me "Stop I will come over tomorrow and finish mowing your lawn." He actually did come over the next day and finish my lawn:noway: :smooched:

This may not seem like a big deal for some people but for me its a huge thing. Guys never do things like this for me . Most men just see me as so independent that they never bother to ask if I need help. He just came over like it was no big deal. It literally boggled my mind lol....

BTW The expendables 2 was awesome lol

Replies

• disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Aw, that is awesome!! I'd say try and get used to that. :wink: That's just how some guys are, and I'm like you....I do it all myself so I'm not used to things like that. I'd say he's truly earned his "Mr. Nice Guy" title though. :drinker:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was weed waking my lawn on Sunday because I dont own a lawn mower.Well Mr. Nice guy called cause we were supposed to go to the movies that night. Well he found out that I had been doing the yard for hours and he told me "Stop I will come over tomorrow and finish mowing your lawn." He actually did come over the next day and finish my lawn:noway: :smooched:

This may not seem like a big deal for some people but for me its a huge thing. Guys never do things like this for me . Most men just see me as so independent that they never bother to ask if I need help. He just came over like it was no big deal. It literally boggled my mind lol....

BTW The expendables 2 was awesome lol

The expendables 2 was awesome!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    That is very sweet, I honestly wouldn't know what to do if a man offered to help out like that.
    And That movie was AWESOME!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    He definitely sounds like a keeper! I bet he was glad he could do something for you too.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Wait. So being the "nice guy" actually works? :tongue:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Don't read into it. :smile: It doesn't work. Confidence, assertiveness, good looks, and fun/humor matter more. Give them great times, and the ladies should come.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Don't read into it. :smile: It doesn't work. Confidence, assertiveness, good looks, and fun/humor matter more. Give them great times, and the ladies should come.

I know, I was only kidding around. I've learned through trial and error (mostly error) that being a nice guy never works. It won me a lot of friends.. but that's about it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Now hang on a second...what he did could easily be defined in the "nice guy" fable that is so wide spread as being a doormat,trying to suck up.

I don`t see it that way and think this goes a long way to prove that entire canard is just a bunch of BS to explain away why on a specific case a lady did not go for what they said they were looking for.
  • jenbit
    Options

I know, I was only kidding around. I've learned through trial and error (mostly error) that being a nice guy never works. It won me a lot of friends.. but that's about it.

Actually I kinda have to disagree in this case lol... Hes always been nice but he never played the "nice guy" card. He has always made me aware of the fact that he likes me and though he is finally showing some assertiveness when wer first started hanging out he was almost painfully shy... He is probably the sweetest guy I've ever been out with though :blushing:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The difference between this guy and the typical nice guy is that he has stated his interests already. So him doing nice things like this are icing on the cake. He isn't being the typical "nice guy" that will do things for someone but will never come out and actual ask her out.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Depends on the person. Everyone has their own "love language." Some like it when the guy does favors/works to show his feelings; others would not notice or could care less. If a man came over and mowed my lawn or did something else like that, it would mean a lot and he would definitely get some serious points!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    There is a HUGE difference between nice and wimpy nice.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Being a nice guy can and does work as long as that's not ALL you do! If a guy simply offers to mow your lawn, the friend zone is likely. Too many nice guys miss the point and think that alone will win a woman over. Make clear that you'd like to "frost her cookies" too! Most women are looking for a man to do both:bigsmile:
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    What's he doing next Saturday?

--P
  • jenbit
    Options
    Being a nice guy can and does work as long as that's not ALL you do! If a guy simply offers to mow your lawn, the friend zone is likely. Too many nice guys miss the point and think that alone will win a woman over. Make clear that you'd like to "frost her cookies" too! Most women are looking for a man to do both:bigsmile:

Exactly.. I gave him the label Mr. Nice guy when we first went out in June bacause he was shy and sweet lol.. Hes never played the typical "nice guy role" of trying to befriend me and then tell me he is interested. Even when he went to vegas for a month he texted me and sent me pictures (not dirty ones lol) and alway let me know he was romatically interested in me. The reason Ive been hesitant previously with him was I was afraid he was to shy for me but once he came out of his shell we really clicked..
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    There aren't enough details readily apparent to see whether this is actually a "nice guy" as in the dreaded, undesirable label or someone who did one nice thing.

Is this a dating relationship?
  • jenbit
    Options
    There aren't enough details readily apparent to see whether this is actually a "nice guy" as in the dreaded, undesirable label or someone who did one nice thing.

Is this a dating relationship?

We've been on a few dates and yes we've slept together lol. BUt we havent tried to define it as anything in particualr at this time.
    He is not the typical dreaded nice guy label lol. Hes just very sweet and has been very persitant in pursuing(sp) me.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I love “nice guys.” I try to stay away from “bad boys.” They might look good, but they don’t turn me on.

I find that a lot of the "nice guys" complaining that "nice guys finish last" are the passive type that never express their opinion or anything that they think would upset the woman or cause him any negative points in her eyes. So it’s always about what she wants to do, and where she wants to eat, etc. This sounds great on the surface (and many women get swept off their feet by it initially) but as a relationship develops, I can’t trust a “yes man” to let me know honestly how he feels and where he stands. So, for me, this kind of passive behavior is really a turn off.
  • jenbit
    Options
    I love “nice guys.” I try to stay away from “bad boys.” They might look good, but they don’t turn me on.

I find that a lot of the "nice guys" complaining that "nice guys finish last" are the passive type that never express their opinion or anything that they think would upset the woman or cause him any negative points in her eyes. So it’s always about what she wants to do, and where she wants to eat, etc. This sounds great on the surface (and many women get swept off their feet by it initially) but as a relationship develops, I can’t trust a “yes man” to let me know honestly how he feels and where he stands. So, for me, this kind of passive behavior is really a turn off.

Its funny cause me and Janie have alot of different opinions on relationships and how to handle them but ^^^^ I 100% agree with..
    I'm to extroverted, loud and aggresive to be with a yes man. I need someone with some spine lol. This guy while being sweet does have spine :bigsmile: and hes not afriad to share his opinion with me even if its different than mine.