Insanity: Recovery Week

Options
I am on my 3rd week of INSANITY & I am getting closer to my "Recovery Week." Any one who has already completed that, is it better to just do the video & not continue other workouts? Or could I still run & do my normal cardio routines?

Replies

• Jenniferrose194
    Jenniferrose194 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    IMO just stick to the core cardio & balance video! It really helps to not kill your body for that week!
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I agree.. Stick to the workout calendar.. You get some cardio, but it doesn't push you.. But, you also don't just take the whole week off.. The following week is going to test you, your stamina and your balance..
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I jogged 2-3 times that week...I felt like I had the energy, so I went ahead and did it. Don't think it really matters as running isn't working your muscles so hard like insanity...I still felt like I was getting a break from jumping, etc.
  • amberryc
    Options
    awesome, thanks!
  • amberryc
    Options
    okay, thanks!
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd week of INSANITY & I am getting closer to my "Recovery Week." Any one who has already completed that, is it better to just do the video & not continue other workouts? Or could I still run & do my normal cardio routines?

I am through 60+ days of INSANITY. One thing I know about the recovery week: Don't take it easy. I kind of COASTED through the recovery week and boy, was in for a shock when I got to the MAX workouts in month 2. Do the exercises, but keep the intensity high. You will be glad when you get to the next level.

Here were my results when I finished:

ScreenShot2012-08-27at81830PM.png
  • geo1437
    Options
    I couldn't agree more with heyitsadam. I made the mistake of not really taking the recovery week seriously, and did I ever pay the price when I got to the first MAX workout. I can promise you I will not make that mistake again. Follow the video, and let your body heal and relax a bit. Because month 2 is really when the insanity begins
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more with heyitsadam. I made the mistake of not really taking the recovery week seriously, and did I ever pay the price when I got to the first MAX workout. I can promise you I will not make that mistake again. Follow the video, and let your body heal and relax a bit. Because month 2 is really when the insanity begins
    Glad I found this post. I'm in my recovery week now. I came down with a cold on my rest day just prior to the recovery week and ended up not doing the first CC&B workout on Monday to get my body right. Last night I probably took it a little easier than I should have, but now that I've seen this I'll be sure to push harder through the rest of the week.
  • celenacountdown
    Options
    So r y'all saying we should do other things besides the cc and b or we should just do that but push at it?? Is it ok to do it at their pace? N if we do will we stil die the first workout of month two??
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    IMO, I didn't get pushed enough during CC&B.. I ended up doing other things during that week, but I tried not to overdo it, because I did need that recovery time... But, again, that's just me.. Let your body be the judge about Recovery Week. If you do CC&B and feel fine after that, then maybe that will be enough for you. If you just have the urge to get your sweat on, do a little more during the week. But, not push it too far. Month 2 is going to push you enough.. If you finished Month 1, you aren't going to die in Month 2. You're going to feel like it, but you won't. :) Good luck with it!!