New here.

Options
3foldchord
3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
Hi, I'm Kimberly. I do not follow Paleo or primal. I have a good friend that does the Paleo diet with her husband and it piqued my interest, I decided when I get moved into our new house, I want to give it a try for a month. But now I have read a bit about Primal. So, this month I will be gathering information so I can start my trial month in October.

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find this is an amazing group of people - lots of great resources!

I wouldn't wait a month to try Primal - just jump in. I think you'll find the transition to be much easier than you would expect. :-)
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find this is an amazing group of people - lots of great resources!

I wouldn't wait a month to try Primal - just jump in. I think you'll find the transition to be much easier than you would expect. :-)

Thanks.
    We are between houses this month, living out of suitcases in a tiny rental with a filthy kitchen and a mold problem. Between that, migraines, trying to homeschool boys, and a being out of town next week, it s not ideal for me to cook much nor plan. I need to be able to thoroughly plan and organize for changes. So I will be using this time to plan.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely don't blame you! Hope the month goes as smoothly as possible for you. :-)
  • KittyMarie13
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm pretty new to primal, but so far I've found this to be a most excellent decision! As far as planning goes there are a lot of great primal/paleo recipes out there. Check out this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/727083-an-apple-a-day-keeps-the-weight-gain-at-bay

A lot of the members here have commented with their personal Primal/Paleo Pinterest boards (if you do that) as well as with recipe sites they've found. Just like PitBullMom said, once you get going you'll probably find that this is a pretty easy transition, but I totally understand not want to add anything to an already busy and stressful situation. Feel free to add me if you're looking for new primal friends.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Thanks, Kitty. I added a fe pinterests to follow. I don't think it will be too difficult once I get going. I will need a lot of snacks and breakfats pre-made though, to be successful!