Water

Options
2»

Replies

• emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I fill up a 44oz cup at work, and make sure to drink the whole thing while at work. I fill it up again and drink another 22oz before I leave work. I drink the remaining 22oz at home, and then I fill it up again during my workout, and just continue to drink it throughout the remainder of the day. It's easy to get the water in on workdays, weekends are a little tougher, but I did well this weekend.
  • Baila518
    Baila518 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am finding that drinking 8 glasses of water a day is challenging, but the idea of having to enter a "zero" into the challenge spreadsheet is so appalling that I am ensuring I get all of my water in each day. Monday, I barely made it through the 8, yesterday, I drank 9 and today, I am unsure how many I will get but know I will not allow myself to go to bed until I have finished all 8. I refuse to enter a zero on the worksheet -- I will meet the challenge!

Wow, i feel the same way too. The idea of entering a zero is disturbing to me. I cannot go to bed now without finishing my 64 oz. since this challenge. I am proud of myself and everyone else. We will suceed!
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Our city water doesn't taste good, so I buy bottled water. (I know, I know.) I use bottles that hold 16.9 oz. When I wake up, take one out, and gulp it down. Then I set 3 bottles in a special section of the fridge, and label the caps: 2, 3 and 4. Everyone knows to not touch my bottles! If I do that, I have no problem getting in my eight cups. If I don't, I struggle to remember how many I've had. Dumb, but it works for me!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I'm struggling a bit, but I've been successful 2/3 days so far. I have horrible tap water, so I thought bottled water would be better. Um... Meijer has HORRIBLE drinking water, and I feel like vomiting while drinking it. So now, I'm going to either buy a Brita pitcher or get some limes.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I have to hydrate lots today as I am going to sweat loads tonight at my first Fencing session!!! So excited for my new sport...
  • essencemccallny
    Options
    I am struggling. I already hate water. It makes me gag but I am trying Crystal light with it. My doc says as long as I am doing that I am fine. Can't wait for the next challenge. :smile:
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I'm struggling a bit, but I've been successful 2/3 days so far. I have horrible tap water, so I thought bottled water would be better. Um... Meijer has HORRIBLE drinking water, and I feel like vomiting while drinking it. So now, I'm going to either buy a Brita pitcher or get some limes.

there are sooooo many water filters out there. There's whole house filters that cost about $30 if you own your own home. There are pur and brita pitcher filters and ones that go onto the faucet. All of these filters come with the filter inserts that cleanse the water of bad tastes. It is much cheaper and environmentally friendly than bottled water.

Crystal light is good stuff. I love their peach tea flavor, but they do have some with caffine and some without and all are decent flavors. Its how my daughter gets her 6-8 glasses a day since she doesnt liek water either.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options

there are sooooo many water filters out there. There's whole house filters that cost about $30 if you own your own home. There are pur and brita pitcher filters and ones that go onto the faucet. All of these filters come with the filter inserts that cleanse the water of bad tastes. It is much cheaper and environmentally friendly than bottled water.

Crystal light is good stuff. I love their peach tea flavor, but they do have some with caffine and some without and all are decent flavors. Its how my daughter gets her 6-8 glasses a day since she doesnt liek water either.

I like water, don't get me wrong. My tap water tastes like slimy dead fish, and this Meijer bottled water, I can't even begin to describe what it tastes like except nastiness (eight down; 40 to go with those packs >.<). Dannon Pure Life is good, but Meijer was the one on sale. XD And since I'm the only in my family trying to lose weight (I'm a fat girl surrounded by skinny people!), a pitcher makes sense since I'm the only one drinking the water anyway. :(
  • chubtofit
    chubtofit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started drinking more water just before we started this challenge so it's not been too difficult for me (I always have a lemon slice in mine). But before, I was lucky if I drank 100mls of water a day plus I was drinking too much coffee. I just saw a urologist last week as they discovered I have a kidney stone and he told me that years of being chronically dehydrated probably caused the formation of the stone...lesson learned.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have to hydrate lots today as I am going to sweat loads tonight at my first Fencing session!!! So excited for my new sport...

Fencing is so much fun!!!! I did it for a semester in college- wish I had stuck with it. GREAT workout for your legs and core too.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i forget how lucky i am having tap water straight from a spring :( hope you guys with icky tap water find a solution :) i remember the water fountain water from college bleh! tasted and stank like a swimming pool, i swear the amount of chlorine i must of had drinking that water was never healthy... i used to fill my water bottle up from it take the lid off and all you could smell was chlorine :(

Think im going to have a 0 today :'( nearly 7 and iv only had one glass... oops!
    x
  • lilfarmer23
    Options
    That's how I drink more water too! I always heard you drink booze faster through a straw, so I decided to apply it to water. It works!
  • abadaba
    Options
    If all the challenges were as easy for me as this water one, I'm going to ace this challenge!

I pretty much only drink water--all day, especially when exercising, so this is an easy one. Wonder what's coming next...??
  • kardip
    Options
    I keep a 33 oz bottle on my desk - I tried to drink one in the morning before lunch and one after lunch. Since the challenge I have made sure to get the total in and i have also been adding a third bottle when i workout:)
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm doing awesome with the water, just keep forgetting to log it on the spreadsheet!! Hope everyone is having a great week so far
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Found a new way of getting water in ..... buy meter long novelty straws had 2 glasses already :D x