Countdown to Competition

Options
arianamari3
arianamari3 Posts: 26 Member
Does anyone have any tips for getting closer to competition day? I'm about 6 weeks out and know there's a lot to think about. This is my first competition and some things I've been thinking about is skin exfoliation (how soon should I start?), getting nails done etc. Thanks for any advice or website suggestions!

Replies

• jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I just did my first figure competition in June. Here is a list I found very helpful.

Figure Prep List

1 Week Out:
     Brazilian wax
     Nails (pink & whites)
     Pedicure (French manicure)

Before Spray Tan:
     Use an exfoliator on your entire body (Water based scrub NOT OIL BASED)
     Try & do this a few days to a week prior.

Remember the night or morning before your spray tan will be your last shower before the show so plan your hair accordingly. DO NOT put on deodorant it can your skin GREEN.

What to Pack:
    Remember you are going to be on stage under very very bright lights. Your make- up needs to be much darker/heavier than you normally wear. You should look for a high pigment eye shadow & lip stick & thick eyeliner.

 Foundation – very very dark, most girls use MAC
     Bronzer – a shade darker than your foundation
     Blush – high pigment color
     Eyes Shadow – Sephora has a lot of great stage/high pigment make-up, cream eye shadow is great as a base coat
     Liner – pencil or liquid, you need to line your upper lids thickly, lower lids from the outside corner to mid eye
     Fake Lashes & Glue – CVS brand works great
     Mascara – Black (regardless of color you normally wear)
     Lip Liner & Lip Stick – again MAC has a lot of high pigment, long wear colors…this needs to be a much darker shade than you normally wear – you do not want your lips to disappear on stage
     Brow Pencil – if you have light hair you may want to fill in/darken your eyebrows so they don’t get lost under the lights
     Full length mirror

 Curling Iron, straightener or hot rollers
     Hairspray (a lot)
     Bobbi pins
     Whitening toothpaste (rub on your finger & toe nails to get off the JanTana)
     Super loose pants (don’t want to mess up your tan)
     Zip up shirt/hoodie is best so you don’t have to keep pulling things over your head
     Flip flops
     Bikini bite (holds suit bottoms in place)
     Suit
     Heels
     Jewelry
     Smile 

I hope this helps. I def. was a life saver for me. Best of Luck.
  • arianamari3
    arianamari3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great list! Thank you!
  • jodi41086
    Options
    awesome i copied it for a later date!! my boyfriend was like oh yea waxing that'll be fun
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first competition in April and this will be super helpful! Thanks for posting.
  • oMandaBo
    Options
    I just did my first competition in June, and have another coming up in November, which I'm really excited for!
    Jennifer's list is great! What I would add is don't forget water and snacks for once you're done on stage! You're drinking minimal water right before competition, and no food that will bloat you. I was so nervous all morning that I hardly ate at all, so once I was off stage I turned into the cookie monster! - Was so glad my trainer had told me to pack my rice cakes and peanut butter!
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    Another useful thing for the packing list:

Pump up items: resistance bands (they usually have dumbbells and bands back stage, but they are not always available because of the high number of competitors), pre stage pump food (handful of skittles, flavored rice cakes, juice....whatever your preference. I personally slam a few swigs of red wine)
    Ipod or kindle...something to entertain you during all the down time. This helps alleviate some anxiety. Oh, and vaseline for your teeth. It keeps them from sticking to your lips while on stage smiling non stop.

Good luck to all and hopefully we see you down the road someday!!! :-)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I am 4 days out from my 2nd competition....