I am such a mess...... and so angry

Options
Mhaney
Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
My ex and I have been split for 2 years. I have full custody of all 3 kids and his disability pays his child support. If it didn't I probably wouldn't get a dime.

I need to give some back story here: I live with my parents with my kids, he never takes the kids unless it's take them to lunch or something, which is rare. I share a truck with my mom. We have taekwondo every tuesday and thursday. Every OTHER tuesday, my mom has music practice at her church so what we usually do is that I just miss that class and stay home with the baby while ex comes and gets the older two and takes them to class. This is the arrangement we have on paper, but it NEVER works out this way. If he even shows up, he's late and the kids miss the first half of class.

I didn't want to miss class last night because Master Randy had my new uniform. I arrange with the ex yesterday morning that he would stay here with the baby while I took his car to class. The time rolls around that he should have left his house to be here on time so I text him "hey you can head over here now" and I get no response. I called IDK how many times, NOTHING. I somehow manage to get us to class by taking the truck, my mom borrowed my brother's car and the baby stayed with my dad for the 30 minutes that my class and my mom's class time overlap. It sounds simple but it took several phone calls and tracking my dad down who was out of the house to get him home in time to keep the little one. All this is going on while I'm on my first day migraine-free after having one for 3 days.

I went to class with my kids, came home, and I still had not heard from the ex. I had company until 11, and when my company left I texted him at 11 to say "are you at least alive?" He said "oh, you didn't get my message? I didn't sleep last night so I took a nap and slept thru my alarm."

Sounds like a good excuse but this is his excuse for EVERYTHING no matter what time day or night. He would be late to his own funeral.

After dealing with his selfish behavior for years, and seeing what his antics are doing to our kids I just lost it last night. I cried myself to sleep thinking that my 9 year old daughter's best male figure in her life is our taekwondo instructors. My six year old son's role model is some selfish 30-something child that plays more video games than he interacts with actual humans. My 2 year old is so attached to me and is so protective of me when ANY male is around, it's ridiculous. I can't help but wonder if he acts that way because his father is never around. I know he's only 2 and a half but you never know what goes on in those little brains of theirs.

I try so hard not to talk crap about him in front of them, and I don't, but it comes really close sometimes. My daughter asked me why we ended up not going somewhere that we were supposed to go and I nearly said "cause you're daddy's an *kitten*." but of course I didn't say that. I have to cover for his sorry butt every time he screws up and it makes me the bad guy.

I'm just tired of it all. I wish he'd grow up.

Replies

• mamalopez12
    mamalopez12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am really sorry to hear this. I am a single momma too. My baby daddy has NEVER seen his baby. Part of me is sad. The other part of me does not care n e more. I would rather him be gone and i do my best.

try 2 stay positive. its better to have ur kids with good ppl around than bad ones.