Starting today! Care to join me?

Options
edozier
edozier Posts: 10 Member
Today will be W1D1 and I'm very excited about it! Shoot me a friend request if you'd like to do the program with me! I guessing having friends at the same spot in the program will really help as we tackle the various weeks!

Replies

• nis75p06
    Options
    I just finished week 1 but I'm going to start it again for a silly reason: I misplaced the post-it note I had my times/distances on, so I'm starting again because I want to keep good progress notes - helps me stay motivated!
  • nis75p06
    Options
    Finish again! How did you do?

I actually ended up walking with a friend, so didn't follow the C25K program - I did a bit more than the program called for though, so I'm going to count it as my "official restart". I had a problem with the app on my phone not giving me audio queues anyway, so I have two workouts entered in WalkTracker - the first then I was attempting to do the official C25K workout, the 2nd when I gave up on getting the queues to work and just walked/jogged with my friend.

1st workout
    Total distance: .46 mi
    Duration: 9:33
    Avg Pace: 20:50 min/mi
    Avg Speed: 2.88 mph

2nd workout (started immediately after the first)
    Total distance: 1.29 mi
    Duration: 26:19
    Avg Pace: 20:24 min/mi
    Avg Speed: 2.94 mph

So a total of 1.75 miles in 36 minutes. Not going to win any races yet, but I'm happy with it!

I figured out what I was doing wrong with the WalkTracker app (I was locking my phone like I always do), so my next workout day will be the official C25K one!
  • edozier
    Options
    You're already making significant progress! Way to go!
  • rst12267
    rst12267 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hope today's run went well for you. I'll be doing W1D2 tomorrow morning. Im still a bit sore from D1 yesterday. My thighs and right below underarms are a Little bit achy. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I will start in the morning. I will just be a day behind.
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    W1D3.... It was rough... I am suffering from a cold and cough at the moment. :(
  • edozier
    Options
    Running with a cough and cold sounds tough. Way to make it through the run, but I hope you get over being sick quickly!
  • edozier
    Options
    Hopefully you won't be achy when it's time for your next run. Maybe some good stretching beforehand will help?
  • sam1410
    sam1410 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started this yesterday and felt better than i thought i would after it...Ill try to update after each run
  • nis75p06
    Options
    Completed W1D2!

Total Distance: 1.72 mi
    Duration: 32:32
    Avg Pace: 18.54
    Avg Speed: 3.17
    Burned: 268.9
  • 87clovers
    87clovers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started this week too! I am excited there are others at the same spot. I did my first run today. I am going Thursday and Sat or Sun as well. After this first run I am already discouraged. I am just so far out of shape. In a way its very motivating because I dont want to always be this uncomfortable. Anyways good luck to all the others and I will post on Thursday!
  • nis75p06
    Options
    Finished W1D3!

Total Distance: 1.64
    Avg Pace: 19:47
    Avg Speed: 3.03
    Burned 269.0
  • rst12267
    Options
    Completed W1D3 yesterday. Will most likely attempt W2D1 Saturday. I've been waking up at 5 in the morning for my C25K runs during the work week and its dark and will be getting darker. Weekend run means I can go a bit later! Will try an aerobic walk tomorrow to keep in shape.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I started this today. I honestly didn't think id make it through day 1 but I actually really enjoyed it! I've been wanting to start for a while now but have been too nervous to go on my first run! I don't want to "run like a girl" anymore!
  • rst12267
    Options
    Just completed W2D1 this morning. I felt strong until the last run when I was feeling it in my legs. Needed to slow for a bit then picked back up. With a bit of rest I think I'll be ready for day 2 on Monday!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi

Started this week and did day 3 today...but our 12yo son wanted to come with me and he loved it!!! Will be starting week 1 again next week as he wants to do the program with me after school.

I am pleased with how I did as I have never run, did try this on a treadmill ages ago but it hurt my knees, much better outdoors.

I do have sciatica in my right hip and am doing specific stretches after each session.

martyxx
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 today! On treadmill. I am contemplating alternating weeks outside with the treadmill, as I am sure it will be much harder outside. However, the problem there is that I have no device (not even a stopwatch) I can use to time my intervals! Yes, I am living in the 21st century and have no iPod or smart phone. I use my Kindle Fire on the treadmill (C25K app) and it works well.

However, if I'm gonna do it outside, I may as well invest in an iPod anyway since I'll want some tunes to listen to...
  • nis75p06
    Options
    Completed W1D3!

Total Distance: 1.71 mi
    Avg Pace: 19:02
    Avg Speed: 3.15
    Burned: 269.0
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 today! On treadmill. I am contemplating alternating weeks outside with the treadmill, as I am sure it will be much harder outside. However, the problem there is that I have no device (not even a stopwatch) I can use to time my intervals! Yes, I am living in the 21st century and have no iPod or smart phone. I use my Kindle Fire on the treadmill (C25K app) and it works well.

However, if I'm gonna do it outside, I may as well invest in an iPod anyway since I'll want some tunes to listen to...

Haha.... I don't have an iphone or ipod either. What I am doing now is counting. That is ok until I get to a longer run and have to count 5 minutes. I am sure I lost count, so hope I didn't mess it up. I do have a mp3, so need to look into a download for that.

Good job on using treadmill. I have a harder time on the mill because I don't control the pace.

Good luck and keep at it !!
  • sDopher
    sDopher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined today plus just started the couch to 5K. I'm definitely there to "egg" each other on...

Tomorrow isa rest day...wish it wasn't! I'll probably go for a walk anyway...

Congrats on your start! I'm a 51 year old male that has been doing ZERO exercise for more than 10 years. I have a LONG way to go.