Progress Thread

Options
Carolyn_79
Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
Hey,

Just wondering where everyone is at and how they're doing? I'm on my last week of Push and can't wait to move onto Lean.

When I started Push I didn't have 20 pound dumbbells so I was lifting 25 instead for some moves. I knew they were too heavy so I went out and bought 20. What a difference going down in weight made! I was really sore after going down because obviously my form was better making the moves more effective.

I've really enjoyed Push but I don't think my measurements really changed during this phase. I'll officially be taking them Sunday so I can compare but I feel the results were less than the Burn phase. I'm hoping Lean will bring it home for me!

How's everyone else doing?

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Options
    bump
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I'm also in my last week of burn. I haven't taken my official measurements yet but I took some two weeks ago for a challenge and I've lost some inches. While I've only lost one pound this stage, I did go down a pant size. I'm going to take my progress photo this weekend, and I'm looking forward to seeing what changes I notice. I already know my lower thighs have thinned out a lot. I'm really looking forward to the Lean phase too, as I hear that's when most people have the biggest change.
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm almost in my last week of Push (so I'm in the 3rd week of it ;)). Still going strong and amazed I am over halfway done. I have adjustable weights up to 24 pounds and have been doing most leg stuff at 21 - for some reason I am scared to go to the top weight! Pretty weird, but I think it's just some mental block. My bf has 30s, but I don't think I will be trying those before Push is over.

I'm excited for Lean as well! A little worried about picking weights for that stage as I know it's back to compound movements. When I did Burn, all I had were 5 and 10-lb dumbbells, so it was easy to decide which one to use.

I need to go pants shopping as well. Some of my pants were already loose and needed belts, but they are now ridiculous and I am tired of belting! I'm only down 4 pounds, but can see changes in my arms and legs.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Next week starts my last week of Push. I can't wait until I am done with the entire system to see where I stand. I haven't done measurements. I am just going by the way clothes fit/feel.

I have a mental block as well with upping some weights for lower body as well. I have adjustable weights to 25lbs and fear maxing out and also, my left leg is not nearly as strong as my right.

I am happy that I am getting stronger and am hoping a bit slimmer as well!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Opps, I meant I was finishing up Push!
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    Did my last Push work out tonight, yea!!! I'm really excited for Lean. I increased my calories today as well to 1800 so we'll see how that goes. I'm also doing Turbo Fire on my non-lifting days.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just kicked off week 3 of burn yesterday. so far so good. I haven't noticed a lot of changes but a few here and there. I'm excited to see what results the end of the program brings.
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    I started Lean 1 yesterday. It's very bicep heavy. My biceps are actually sore for the first time since starting this program.
  • tatterscoops
    Options
    Congrats Fuzzybunny! I'm on Push and don't have 20lbs weights. I only have 10lbs but plan to get heavier weights ASAP. I can't wait and it's a sport watching those girls at the cashier counter because they always have a shocked look on their faces whenever I bought dumbbells lol.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of week 3 of Burn and I haven't weighed or measured but I can tell I'm stronger...before I started I only had 3,5, 8lb weights and about died on some of the overhead stuff w/ just the 3lb ones....

Since then I've gotten 10 , 12 and 15 lb weights and are using those more consistently.....I still am much stronger w/ my right arm and my shoulders aren't the best (repaired rotator in left and creaky right one) so I watch the overhead weights but for other muscles I'm trying to go heavier....
  • sbroadus
    sbroadus Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have one more week of lean left. I haven't lost a lot of inches or lbs so far but I look at my before and after pictures and I can see a huge improvement! I haven't taken any measurements yet for this phase since I'm not done.
    Hope you enjoy the Lean phase, it sure is tough!!!
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    I have one more week of lean left. I haven't lost a lot of inches or lbs so far but I look at my before and after pictures and I can see a huge improvement! I haven't taken any measurements yet for this phase since I'm not done.

Will you post pics or anything? I'd love to see!
  • sbroadus
    sbroadus Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Will you post pics or anything? I'd love to see!

I sure will!!!
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    Congrats Fuzzybunny! I'm on Push and don't have 20lbs weights. I only have 10lbs but plan to get heavier weights ASAP. I can't wait and it's a sport watching those girls at the cashier counter because they always have a shocked look on their faces whenever I bought dumbbells lol.

Haha, I remember when I bought my 20's at Walmart and the cashier looked a little miffed that I put them on the belt because she couldn't lift them, lol.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Haha, I remember when I bought my 20's at Walmart and the cashier looked a little miffed that I put them on the belt because she couldn't lift them, lol.

that's hilarious!
  • lashwish
    Options
    Just started Lean this week.
    It tough & I still have it in me to lift heavy which I can't in Lean, so I have to go lighter.

I need to take measurements today & see what happened during the month!

I already feel tighter abs from Lean after only doing 2 circuits. I also usually swap at least 1 cardio for Zumba & only take 1 rest day & do cardio on the other.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    How much lighter are you lifting in Lean compared to Push?
  • lashwish
    Options
    I feel like Im back to Burn weights.
    I think I mostly did 10s & a few 5s
    I rarely had a 10 in Push
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have one more week of the push phase, then onto lean. During this phase I'm working with 15/20/25 lbs weights for most exercises though I go 30lbs on some of the lower body..I'm loving this phase but can't wait to finish and move on to lean. I've been steadily dropping 1.5-2lbs a week so I'll take measurements at the end the push phase, I can't wait to see how much more inches I've lost..

Great job everyone :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    leslie
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I'm starting my second week of Burn. (This should have been my third week but I got sidelined by the flu last week.) So I'm pretty much a newbie, except I'd been doing Burn Circuit 1 for a few weeks (it came as a bonus with Turbo Fire). Right now I'm using 6lbs to 15lbs but I ordered a set of adjustable dumbbells in the hopes that I'll eventually need to go heavier.