New & starting Cycle 1

Options
Anyone starting Cycle 1 on September 1st? Reading the book and trying to figure out a menu.

Replies

• mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I'm half way through cycle one. I am doing yogurt one morning, eggs the next, smoothies the next, and then alternate. Lunches are some kind of salad (I do lots of various salads). Dinners are protein and fiber
  • Inglebert
    Inglebert Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hello, I'm on day 1 today, so can I join you for encouragement, please?
    How's it going for you?
    I've had smoothie and eggs for breakfast :blushing: today.
    Was thinking of omelette for tea, but I'll shift that to tomorrow, and we'll go for some chicken I think.
    I find it tricky to cater for family of 5 while doing this as it's a bit bland for them, even if I add potatoes/pasta to theirs, as dh isn't too keen on poultry or fish (will tolerate once or twice a week but not the everyday I need for this!). He was due to go away next week, but that may have been delayed a week which is a pain.
    Right, off to make lunch to take to dh's work for a picnic while watching a local lad race in paralympics!
  • CU2008
    CU2008 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Re-starting today. I know this diet works. I just have to make getting healthy a priority starting today.

C1D1 Starting weight 154.8 (25 lbs to go)

Breakfast - Smoothie (peach, greek yogurt, flaxseed oil) and coffee
    Snack - Carrots
    Lunch - Stuffed green pepper (1 whole pepper with ground turkey season with cumin and chili powder)
    Snack - Cottage cheese and apple with cinnamon
    Dinner - ?

Enjoying a nice cup of hot lemon water now...We can do this!!
  • autathome
    Options
    Good luck with the 17DD. I'll be checking on your progress from time to time. So, when you feel like you're on you own...forget it, someone out there is cheering for you and expecting you to stay with the program! :smile:
  • autathome
    Options
    We can do this...remember to mentally make a toast in the morning when drinking your lemon water, because I'll be doing the same! :smile:
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting thaat you are having trouble getting your family on board with the menus here. I have 8 children and a fairly picky husband and they have been loving the food. What is a normal menu in your house (not on a diet plan just what everyone normally eats)? Do you have the recipe book that goes along with this diet?