Week 1

Options
petithamu
petithamu Posts: 582 Member
I finished 30 Day Shred on Sunday and after a rest day, I started my second challenge, Ripped in 30.

A brief intro: I'm 32 years old and a new mom. My baby just turned 6 months old and I'm just learning to juggle with working out and caring for a baby!

I hope we can support each other through the next 4 weeks and hopefully it will go by quickly!

I've finished Day 1 today and I must say I absolutely loved it. Just coming off of Shred Level 3, I wasn't as 'unfit' as I thought I would be for RI30 and even though the whole workout session is a bit longer, I really enjoyed the longer warm up/cool down. I am very excited for tomorrow when I can do the routines with more confidence!

Let's hear from you!

Tiffany

Replies

• sassycurlzss
    sassycurlzss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im on day 2 week 2 Im a bit ahead but i hope its ok?
    Im 5'1 180lbs
    I used to be 168 fell off the wagon due to school. I have a year to lose weight for my wedding. Ive done RI30 before I didnt lose much weigh but lost inches. SO far this time around I started week 1 on and off then last week did week 1 again for 6 days in a row. Now Im on week 2. I wanted to just get started and back into diet and exercise/pain in small steps for the first week and be ready to start the next. Ive gained 3 pounds already :( BUT i havent given up.
  • petithamu
    Options
    Hi Sassy!

Of course it's okay. It's okay to fall off, I fell off um...for too long! But you're still here and you're still doing it and that's what matters.

I heard Week 2 is a b*tch! How are you finding it?
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I just finished level 1 Day 1 yesterday. I'm 5'1 163lbs and trying to get in shape for my friends wedding in late October. I would never want to outshine the bride, but I'd like to come close. ;)

I really enjoyed day 1 better than any of the levels on 30DS. Good luck ladies!
  • petithamu
    Options
    Welcome Jtorres! I feel the same way about today as well, it was a lot more fun than Shred! I'm looking forward to the workout tomorrow.

Keep it up ladies!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Melissa and I was hoping to find a group of people doing Ripped in 30 this month. I'm in the same boat as Jtorres... friend's wedding coming up (November 10) and I'd like to tone up.

I've been sort of inactive lately so hopefully this won't kill me (gulp!) I'll do the workout after work today and report in. :)
  • petithamu
    Options
    Hi Melissa! Welcome to the group.

How's everyone this morning? I am SO SORE!! The baby woke up 3 times last night so I'm quite exhausted...and didn't help when I can't even get out of bed due to sore muscles! Cats thought it would be funny to jump all over me this morning as well...so I did say I was looking forward to working today but I think I might retract that statement now...
  • trina_apple
    Options
    Good morning! I finished the 30 Day Shred in July and was happy with the results and am starting Ripped in 30 today. Let's do this!!! :)
  • petithamu
    Options
    That's awesome Trina!

I finished Day 2 today and it was definitely harder!

Good luck with your next 30 days!!
  • Jtorres326
    Options
    Thanks ladies! SOOOOO SOOORRRRE TODAY

Hi all, sorry I didn't introduce myself the first time around. I'm Jo. I completed my Day 2 last night and it definitely feel it when I go up stairs and rise from my chair today. Makes me nervous for weeks 3 and 4!

Melissa, my friend's wedding is October 20, so really just a few weeks shy of your friend's. Would love to help you stay motivated. In my case, It's a litle awkward because my friends are also good friends with my husband's ex-girlfriend who is tall, slender and gorgeous. So I feel a little competitive, not hatefully so because I actually like her too. But I would just like to feel like BAM!, honey, I'm gorgeous too!
  • NWriceC
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!
    I'm going to do this with you all, hoping I can see great results also.

Have been on and off this diet thing for a couple months now.
    Somehow, gained more than anything else but have now begun to lose again.

Btwn funerals, vacations, school & work: i haven't had time to finish what i started. But I have NOT given up.

I turn 35 in late November and would like to be sexy by then. Not only that, would like to have changed my lifestyle to a healthier one.

Have searched too long for people to workout with me so now I'm turning the page and have decided that I HAVE to do this one alone. (especially since I haven't found anyone yet)

Have lost 7 lbs only having changed my eating so I'm hoping to see fabulous results once I add an exercise regimen to the plan.

I have both the 30 Day Shred & the Ripped in 30 videos so I'm thinking I may do one in the morning and one in the evening.

My problem is that while I want to do these videos, I will also lift weights, calisthenics & stretch, which all count towards being healthier. Eventually, I'd also like to start pilates & yoga to balance everything out since I'm looking for more of a sexy lean muscle build.

Share your thoughts please, I can use some guidance.

Thanks,

Nicole
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for introducing me to this group. I am in day 3 of RI30 and I am 57 and a grandma. Just finished Shred and I find this workout more likeable. I am not a newbie in the exercise as I have been working out consistently for over 30 years but Jillian really challenges me in the pushup dept. as I have never been able to do them. I can now do about 10 before I have to drop to my knees, I have issues with my back and my knees but because of all the knowledge I have gained by working out for so long, and I did teach classes for 17 years, I know modifications I can do for myself so there is never any "I can't do that" in this house LOL

I plan on rotating RI30 with NMTZ's and BFBM which I still have to buy. But today I did RI30 and then power walked 2 miles. I didn't lose any weight on Shred, maybe a inch in the waist but that's it. I feel tighter though and I only wanted to lose 5 pounds but I think losing 5 is harder than losing more, in fact I know it is!

Just want to be healthy and fit for my family and my beautiful Granddaughter who just started 1st grade!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My name is Celina. I'm 34, mother of 3 and I own a business with my hubs that I run from home. Fitting in working out with the toddler and baby and working is a daily challenge. I'm still nursing as well! I've started and stopped RI30 twice so this is exactly what I need to get through this! Thanks!
  • kbirdwell08
    kbirdwell08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I havent actually started the ripped in 30 workout yet. Its actually on the way in the mail. I've never done any of jillian michaels stuff so im very anxious! as soon as i get it i will be posting but until then im here to support you guys! Good luck tomorrow and the days to come
  • petithamu
    Options
    Thanks ladies! SOOOOO SOOORRRRE TODAY

Hi all, sorry I didn't introduce myself the first time around. I'm Jo. I completed my Day 2 last night and it definitely feel it when I go up stairs and rise from my chair today. Makes me nervous for weeks 3 and 4!

Melissa, my friend's wedding is October 20, so really just a few weeks shy of your friend's. Would love to help you stay motivated. In my case, It's a litle awkward because my friends are also good friends with my husband's ex-girlfriend who is tall, slender and gorgeous. So I feel a little competitive, not hatefully so because I actually like her too. But I would just like to feel like BAM!, honey, I'm gorgeous too!

I am so sore, too!! I guess it's good but I keep doing the free fall thing when I sit down cuz my butt is so sore!!

I am totally 'competitive' when it comes to other females...even with my girl friends but it's healthy competitions! My daughter's godmother is a gorgeous 5'7 blonde Swedish bombshell and since I can't beat her at height, I have to at least look as healthy and as good as her!

We can do this!
  • petithamu
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!
    I'm going to do this with you all, hoping I can see great results also.

Have been on and off this diet thing for a couple months now.
    Somehow, gained more than anything else but have now begun to lose again.

Btwn funerals, vacations, school & work: i haven't had time to finish what i started. But I have NOT given up.

I turn 35 in late November and would like to be sexy by then. Not only that, would like to have changed my lifestyle to a healthier one.

Have searched too long for people to workout with me so now I'm turning the page and have decided that I HAVE to do this one alone. (especially since I haven't found anyone yet)

Have lost 7 lbs only having changed my eating so I'm hoping to see fabulous results once I add an exercise regimen to the plan.

I have both the 30 Day Shred & the Ripped in 30 videos so I'm thinking I may do one in the morning and one in the evening.

My problem is that while I want to do these videos, I will also lift weights, calisthenics & stretch, which all count towards being healthier. Eventually, I'd also like to start pilates & yoga to balance everything out since I'm looking for more of a sexy lean muscle build.

Share your thoughts please, I can use some guidance.

Thanks,

Nicole

Great job on the loss and I know what you mean about life get in the way...it takes so much discipline to log food and exercise, I'm still trying to find a rhythm.

Have you ever done Shred or any of Jillian Michaels' DVD? If so, I think that's amazing you have the energy to do it twice a day! If not, I'd highly suggest completing the Shred first before tackling RI30 so you don't injure yourself. I've done Shred twice now and RI30 is still hard and I'm only on Level 1. Like she said, we don't want to no injury!
  • petithamu
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for introducing me to this group. I am in day 3 of RI30 and I am 57 and a grandma. Just finished Shred and I find this workout more likeable. I am not a newbie in the exercise as I have been working out consistently for over 30 years but Jillian really challenges me in the pushup dept. as I have never been able to do them. I can now do about 10 before I have to drop to my knees, I have issues with my back and my knees but because of all the knowledge I have gained by working out for so long, and I did teach classes for 17 years, I know modifications I can do for myself so there is never any "I can't do that" in this house LOL

I plan on rotating RI30 with NMTZ's and BFBM which I still have to buy. But today I did RI30 and then power walked 2 miles. I didn't lose any weight on Shred, maybe a inch in the waist but that's it. I feel tighter though and I only wanted to lose 5 pounds but I think losing 5 is harder than losing more, in fact I know it is!

Just want to be healthy and fit for my family and my beautiful Granddaughter who just started 1st grade!

Hi there, welcome to the group!

I hate pushups, I still have to do the girly ones from time to time!

If you're thinking about buying NMTZ and BFBM, I recommend you check out Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Slimdown plan. It incorporates 30DS, NMTZ and BFBM on rotation. I did the plan right after I did Shred 2 years ago and got good result. You can see it here if you like: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/petithamu/view/30-day-slimdown-result-any-changes-76877

It really prepped me for her other DVDs. Don't know if you're familiar with the two DVDs, NMTZ is all about toning. Some cardio but not even to put you out of breath but definitely a lot of upper body work. BFBM is killer cardio blast. I think I burned up to 380kcal per session I was breathing so hard. I really liked the Slimdown but it's longer. On some days you do two DVDs back to back!

If you can't find the program, you can find it in my blog or I can find it for you. =)
  • petithamu
    Options
    Hi ladies! My name is Celina. I'm 34, mother of 3 and I own a business with my hubs that I run from home. Fitting in working out with the toddler and baby and working is a daily challenge. I'm still nursing as well! I've started and stopped RI30 twice so this is exactly what I need to get through this! Thanks!

Welcome Celina!

I'm still nursing, too, well, expressing, so timing is everything! We will support you all the way!
  • petithamu
    Options
    I havent actually started the ripped in 30 workout yet. Its actually on the way in the mail. I've never done any of jillian michaels stuff so im very anxious! as soon as i get it i will be posting but until then im here to support you guys! Good luck tomorrow and the days to come

Welcome kbird!

Jillian Michaels is both an angel and a devil but she does get results! I would recommend you to do the 30 Day Shred before RI30 so you can get an idea of her method. RI30 is pretty brutal so far. I don't want you to hurt yourself...while you wait for RI30 to arrive, maybe check out the levels on the Shred on the internet and see if you can do them confidently (notice I said confidently and not comfortably...you can throw comfort out the window when it comes to Jillian...) then try RI30 when you get the DVD.

Hope you don't think I'm being unsupportive, just don't want any injuries!
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Morning all, checking in the Day 4 of RI30, 10.25 Miles of Biking and 2 Miles of Walking...............
  • Jtorres326
    Options
    Hey all, I mixed it up yesterday w some BFBM. Hi Celina. FYI for any others looking to mix up their routine or following the 30 day slimdown, BFBM and NMTZ are both available free on youtube under the channel "befit" Keep pushing play!