Week 2 (8th Sept)

Options

Replies

• Charlottina
    Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Can general daily steps be counted? I use a pedometer and also do 3 spin sessions a week, 2 yoga and one step?!
    Not sure if I could fit in another session, I might keel over :)

Yes just set a number of steps and try beat it as the spreadsheet will give us scores out of 10 at the end of the week :)
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oy!! Map My Ride doesn't give an accurate route on the routes I mark but alternative ones! What to do?? Is a pedometer a very expensive thing to buy? I would also need something that showed calories burned... :/
  • Andreake08
    Options
    Also, wouldn't it be easier to count time as well? I do a lot of in-place jogging at home... :(
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If you have a blackberry there is a free app called Endomondo. It links to the internet and maps your walk/run. It tells you how many calories you've burned as well.
  • Andreake08
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :D
  • Andreake08
    Options
    Just tried... My BB doesn't support GPS... :(:(:(
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do set my target for walk / run & cycle and aim for 50 miles
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just tried... My BB doesn't support GPS... :(:(:(

Boo!! :( Do you have a treadmill? It will tell you distance. Or a pedometer, you could probably convert your steps to miles or km online. I think I got my pedometer (which I haven't used in ages and have no idea if it still works, lol!) for about $10.
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    What about those of us that do not use cardio as our main source of exercise? I only do 10 minutes a day as my cool down after I lift.
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Excited to try this out!!
  • MPaulineD
    MPaulineD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for organizing this group....I was needing some modivation and I think I found it!!
    I have started 30 day shred last night for the first time. I should feel some pain later today!
    also drinking my water and excited for the miles on the treadmill!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Goal for Week 2 I will be walking 12 miles for the week! I usually only walk once or twice a week so that is a huge goal for me but It is definitely doable!!!
  • Stef0325
    Stef0325 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the info! I had been wondering that. Now don't laugh but I actually drove around in my van the other day to "map out" my route to jog! But hey it worked and now I know from point A to point B how far it is (or rather from what block to what tree is an exact mile, lol!)
  • Stef0325
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the info! I had been wondering that. Now don't laugh but I actually drove around in my van the other day to "map out" my route to jog! But hey it worked and now I know from point A to point B how far it is (or rather from what block to what tree is an exact mile, lol!)

Ooops, meant to quote not reply to an above reply! Geesh:tongue:
  • Stef0325
    Options
    I plan on being able to run a full mile without stopping (I barely did a 1/2 today so this will be a good challenge) and completing a total of 3 miles jogged by week's end. Pray for me! :laugh:
  • SimplyEee
    SimplyEee Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sound great! I want to update but still can not access the spread sheet, not even sure if my details are showing there :(
  • SanCan2602
    SanCan2602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Am really excited about this challenge. I haven't been exercising at all so this will be a great way for me to get started. I aim to do at least 20 miles - that will definitely be a challenge for me.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I set mine for 35 miles walk/bike. :D
    I usually do 8 miles 4x a week, so I tacked and extra three miles onto that.
  • crystalsfordham
    crystalsfordham Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I use nike + and active.com's couch 2 5k apps both of which help keep track of distance. Nike + is free & the c25k is $1.99 for any droid or iphone users. :) love both apps and help track how I am doing.
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've added some KM's in for running and some general gym cardio equipment. This will be in addition to my standard routine so might be quite a challenge BUT will also make me mix up my current routine somewhat as I'm getting stuck in my ways.