Totally not losing weight

Options
zynx1234
zynx1234 Posts: 73 Member
Ugh.............. I have been at this like a month and nothing. Bummer. I am rarely cheating so its not that. I struggled early with hunger and it may be that. I think this week I am going to make a GREAT effort to stay under my calories or at least near my calories vs... 300 cal over.,... maybe that's why I haven't lost weight.

I also need to start excersizing. I got a desk job and three kids. not a lot of time. but I I think I can swing a walk or two in the morning. As a last resort...next month I may give up dairy if I still don't see the scale moving. It totally sucks... where was my induction phase. crap!

Replies

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you would get all kinds of helpful suggestions if you opened up your food diary so we could see it. Please consider doing that
  • zynx1234
    Options
    I'm sure you would get all kinds of helpful suggestions if you opened up your food diary so we could see it. Please consider doing that

My bad I changed it.
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    How many carbs are you aiming for daily?
  • zynx1234
    Options
    I dont have a set goal. I have been hitting 50-60 most days with some rare 30-40 and some not so rare under a hundred but more like 80.
    And thats gross carbs not net.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Can the 220 calorie / 17g of carbs chocolate be dropped ?

Generally looks like you're eating too much to me - 2100 calories and 90g of protein one day. Maybe say something about height / weight / goal weight etc.
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at your diary, but reading the comments, your carbs may be too high. I tend to lose when I am under 50 g of net carbs. I noticed you said you didn't cheat much... what does that mean? One bad day can send your body out of ketosis and stall weight loss for days. (Due to the glycogen clinging to water.)

All you can do is hang in there and tweak the diet. :) I'm in the process of doing that now, too - but I am adding in carbs and I am noticing that I feel out of control now that I am adding them in. (Ugh.)

I try to aim for over 100 grams of fat and 100 grams of protein a day. Usually I get about that much protein, but I get way more fat (which is even better).

Keep up updated on your progress! Let us know what worked for you! :)
  • zynx1234
    Options
    mstovik

How are you getting more fat... I am running out of ideas here...

Yes I do think it was the carbs... one of the thing I though of last night was that I never count my chewing gum. And wow is it high. I thought it was sugar free so it was fine. but I guess not.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You seem to do OK getting 140g some days. That's 1260 calories on its own.
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Stop eating chocolate with real sugar and flour/corn tortillas and prickly pear cactus.

Try a dark chocolate with sugar substitute in it, like Hershey's Special Dark:
    http://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/sugar-free/hersheys-special-dark-chocolates.aspx

Serving size is 5 pieces but 2 pieces is more than enough for a chocolate fix.

Or try Simply Lite Dark Chocolate if you have a Trader Joe's in your area:
    http://www.simplylitefoods.com/products.asp

Two squares is plenty.

If you want tortillas, have low carb tortillas. I think people like LaTortilla Factory brand for low carb. There is also Flat Out brand. You must look for the ones that say LOW CARB.

Eating low carb isn't about avoiding carbs all day then slamming a high-carb snack and considering yourself under your goal for the day. It's about avoiding foods altogether that spike your bloodsugar (among other things).
  • zynx1234
    Options
    Thanks Zipper. I think I really needed to hear that.
  • mstorvik
    Options
    mstovik

Yes I do think it was the carbs... one of the thing I though of last night was that I never count my chewing gum. And wow is it high. I thought it was sugar free so it was fine. but I guess not.

i chew at least 10 sticks of gum a day... it shouldn't be that. As for fat, put coconut oil in stuff - I eat full fat meat like steaks and ground beef. I use full fat dairy... Hmm trying to think. I think people have recipes for "fat bombs" too! Forget what they are tho!
  • mstorvik
    Options
    Stop eating chocolate with real sugar and flour/corn tortillas and prickly pear cactus.

http://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/sugar-free/hersheys-special-dark-chocolates.aspx

Two squares is plenty.

If you want tortillas, have low carb tortillas. I think people like LaTortilla Factory brand for low carb. There is also Flat Out brand. You must look for the ones that say LOW CARB.

Eating low carb isn't about avoiding carbs all day then slamming a high-carb snack and considering yourself under your goal for the day. It's about avoiding foods altogether that spike your bloodsugar (among other things).

I've noticed that when i just STOPPED eating sugar... over time you don't even crave it anymore. This stuff above was said perfectly... but I would say - try to just stop with the sugar. Even the imitation stuff. Once i did that, things got way easier. Now I just eat full fat cheese instead of something sweet :) Or mix up full fat dairy with whey protein for a sweet shake!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I found it really helpful when I first started eating low carb to add "Sugar" to my macros on my Food Diary. It helped me to more easily see where my carbs were coming from. You would be surprised how much sugar is in some things like salad dressing and milk. That serving of dressing my only have 5 carbs, but they are all from sugar! I aim for 75% of my carbs to come from veggies, and the rest from full fat dairy- no sugar unless it's in veggies. I also eat meat and eggs of course. What is really working for me is 60% Fat, 30% Protein, and 10% Carbs and that is what I have my Macros set at on my Food Diary. Some people eat more carbs than that, and some less (5%), but I am losing more and so much less hungry since I switched to this (from low fat/ low cal diet). Also, eating low carb takes away the temptation to cheat because each little treat completely undermines what you are tying to do. It seems to me that if you kept adding high carb "cheats" everyday to all the fat you eat on a low carb diet, you will just gain weight. Well, the thought that it will is enough to scare me away from a bite of my kids toast after I just finished my 2 egg omelette with ham, spinach, cheese, and sour cream cooked in coconut oil, lol!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

Two squares is plenty.

Great post! Love the last two sentences, awesome. I'll have to look for those chocolates!

Mission CarbBalance tortillas are good too!