Progress is soooo slooowwwww!

Options
jstandfield
jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
When I was younger it seemed like the weight would just drop off, now it acts like it don't want to leave. I'm tired of this fat on me living rent free.

Replies

• jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    There are two types of food: One type comes and takes up permanent residence. The other type comes for the weekend and then leaves. I learning to like the latter more and more...less exercise required for those eviction notices.... :laugh:
  • NatashaRuz
    NatashaRuz Posts: 223
    Options
    Yeah, getting older sucks! BUT, there are huge benefits to ageing too! :)
    Don't get discouraged, and concentrate on the positive feelings you get from eating healthy and exercising.
    My scale's moved minimally in over 6 weeks....BUT....it's become apparent in my clothes and how I feel that huge changes have occurred with my body.
    Do what you need to do to stay encouraged. :)
  • vipermom
    vipermom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree completely and think that is why I have given up my weight loss goals before. This time I have set smaller goals to reach along the way with a fun reward (massage, pedicure, manicure, etc.) when I reach the goals. Also, I have learned not to focus on the scale as much as the way my clothes feel. Hang in there!
  • jstandfield
    Options
    Thanks for the positive words, I do notice my size 40 pants hang off me but I am determined to not buy new ones until I can fit 36 comfortably. So a shopping spree will be my reward!
  • iwanttobestrongagain
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from! I think as we get older we have to rely less on what the scale says and more on how we feel and how our clothes fit. :)
  • NatashaRuz
    NatashaRuz Posts: 223
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from! I think as we get older we have to rely less on what the scale says and more on how we feel and how our clothes fit. :)

Great perspective!! :)
  • GrammyPammy145
    GrammyPammy145 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes, I noticed the weight used to just drop off when I wanted it to. Not anymore. Working my buns off for every little pound/inch that comes off. It's made me that much more determined to lose it and keep it off for good. Bad for me food is just not worth it anymore.
  • rhondac46
    rhondac46 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ditto here. Took me a month to lose 2 pounds and I eat very healthy and have 2 weeks left of my 90 day challenge P90X
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Someone told me the first place you gain the weight is the last to come off...not sure if that's true but you definitely notice where you're genetically predisposed to holding weight. And as we age, it's a ***** to lose it.
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to reach my goal of 150 lbs since January 6th. I lost steadily(only 2 lbs per month mind you) until June 1st and now completely stuck. However, I usually begin to gain so I'm glad i have maintained my loss as long as I have. I know I have to change something to break the plateau, just not sure what it shoudl be right now.
  • twonkieone
    Options
    When I was younger it seemed like the weight would just drop off, now it acts like it don't want to leave. I'm tired of this fat on me living rent free.

damn - that sounds like lyrics to a country song!!! :wink:
  • twonkieone
    Options
    have you tried changing anything? adding, deleting or swapping out? i altered how i eat and focused on protein and tried to dump the carbs -- pounds started coming off and i feel much better. try new cardio stuff? i'm considering giving crossfit a try -- looks insanely hard and like a ton of fun!
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank God I'm not alone. I have been playing with the same 3.5 lbs. for two months now. I lose 'em, I gain 'em, lose 'em-gain 'em. Rinse and repeat. UGH!!!

Not giving up, though. Going to kick up the cardio to twice a day, increase strength training (which I barely do...don't judge me), and get a little stricter with my food choices (cut out certain carbs and refined sugar).
  • jstandfield
    Options
    have you tried changing anything? adding, deleting or swapping out? i altered how i eat and focused on protein and tried to dump the carbs -- pounds started coming off and i feel much better. try new cardio stuff? i'm considering giving crossfit a try -- looks insanely hard and like a ton of fun!

I change my workouts constantly, I have found several things wrong with my diet since I started logging everything I been eating. With diet changes I have been losing but it's just a pound here and a pound there.
  • twonkieone
    Options

I change my workouts constantly, I have found several things wrong with my diet since I started logging everything I been eating. With diet changes I have been losing but it's just a pound here and a pound there.
    do you have much more to lose? you look great in the pix - so are you building muscle or actively trying to lose pounds?
  • jstandfield
    Options
    I am presently 250lbs so I want to lose 25 more. I lift weights mainly for shaping and I do different forms of cardio for fat loss. I often wonder if I am adding muscle faster than burning fat and that's what slowing down the scale.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    u dont look 250. keep up the good work bro.