Update to "Stupid endo"

Options
My endo put me on a diet pill. I decided that in order to give it a fair shake, I would try it out for a month. Well, I havent lost any weight, my eating habits havent changed, I am still following my plan and exercising, but no weight loss. More energy... but no weight loss.

Anyway, went to my PCP to see if she would help me. I told her about the endo putting me on diet pills. She took my blood pressure. My BP is up 40 points from my normal range. My BP is usually fairly low, so the increase didnt put me at a super high level but still above normal. PCP tells me to call the endo to see what he says. The nurse calls me back and tells me to keep taking it but to monitor and make sure it doesnt go too high.

Really?????

My PCP ran every test I asked her to.. am waiting for results on those.

Replies

• MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eeew. I've gone through that before. Actually just got sick of it a few months ago, and scrapped both my PCP & my Endo. I'm seeing an Internal Medicine doctor that will actually talk with me rather than at me.

Good luck! But in reality... if your thyroid meds were right, you wouldn't need a diet pill.
  • SnowbiKnobi
    Options
    This is for all my thyroid pals that still haven't been treated properly or have been told they are in good ranges and still have symptoms, anyone whose wondering why they cant lose weight or gain it back as soon as their done their diet. This is by far the most informative and up to date info on weight and thyroid disorders. http://nahypothyroidism.org/is-your-thyroid-making-you-fat-with-mary-shomon-and-kent-holtorf-md/