NFL, Week 1

Options
tsh0ck
tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
Season kicks off in a few hours with my Cowboys beating the Giants.

(Just following the history here. Dallas is 5-0 vs. NYG in season openers ... )

I've got Nicks in our league here, and I'm starting him. officially he is listed as questionable, but various reports out of NY say he definitely will play.

Not the same for Witten. He's reportedly offered to sign a waiver freeing the Cowboys of any responsibility if he gets hurt, but I don't expect they will go for that. If that spleen doesn't heal, he's got a surgery and no more season. I'd keep Witten on the bench. Which, incidentally, helps the Cowboys receivers. Hopefully. Because Romo loves going to Witten (highest completion percentage in the league, at 70 percent, between the two.), now he'll have to look deep. That means Austin and Bryant may be in for big games.

Replies

• HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have Nicks in one league and Ahmad Bradshaw in both of my leagues...I know they'll probably both play tonight. It doesn't sound like the injuries are that serious.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    no, bradshaw will go, too. and for the giants to win, they will have to grind it out. that's coughlin football. so bradshaw is a great back to have.

welcome to the group!
    (awesome that you were in missoula, too!)

one note on cowboys receivers, too, is that the NYG secondary is a bit banged up, and they will have a lot of inexperience tonight. expect romo to go after those young DBs.
  • HLeAnn
    Options
    Thanks! Yes, I left Missoula a little over a year ago for work. Now I'm in nasty 'nati where I'm even more afraid to support my team....the *cough* Pittsburgh Steelers. (Don't hit me!) Bengals fans absolutely hate the Steelers. As much as I hate the Ravens haha!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    well, now hearing from a friend in dallas that witten will play on a medical waiver. I'm a bit scared for him, honestly. that spleen will have a tiny little target for all the giants.

I'd still be keeping him on my bench. he hasn't done anything all preseason - injury was first catch of first game of preseason - and he can't be totally healthy.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Well... I don't care if the Cowbows win, as long as the Gints D runs havoc over the field in extreme prejudice. :D Because I'm evil like that. LMAO.

On another note. I had to drop one of my players. Javid Best, out with concussion, and on the PUP list for 6 weeks. You'd think the aholes would release this data just a skosh earlier, I mean, jeez. :D So I've already had to file a replacement.

The sick thing is their teammates and LeShoure is going to take over for Best after serving his 2 game suspension. Ah.. what can I say. I love a bad boy. I know usually when they come off suspensions they're all wound up and ready to go. And that's about the time I'm gonna need him for the bye weeks. ;D

Nuffin' wrong with the 'nati. Except the cold. I mean you gotz my Kitties there to cheer. :) Hubby and I went to the game on Christmas Eve last year. Me in Kitty gear, him in Cardinal Gear.. It was lots of fun. And it's not that I so much as hate the Steelers... as a general malaise about them.

But the reason pretty much stems from the 70's btw, (since you weren't there and I grew up in Cow town)(Columbus). When the Steelers were winning 'One for the thumb.' People got *pissed* at Bradshaw and crew for the arrogance of the attitude they would throw around. Honestly, I don't remember people hating the Steelers with such vehemence before then. Me, I just have to put up with my Best friends brother howling like a crazy Hippie about the Steele curtain ;) So I'm used to it. :D

I can put up with anyones' teams really. Even those awful stinky Clowns, er I mean Browns that my mom cheers for ;)
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    my only real personal Steelers connection? I was damn near run over one day by mean joe green. both of us round a corner the opposite directions. he's still freaking huge.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    and, wolfie ... the browns? I know Colt McCoy. chatted with him many times, and his dad. been to their house once. his mom is super nice. random colt fact? the kid's never had soda. but drinks copious amounts of milk. and the austin media started calling him opie once he got to town. also a heck of a basketball player.

I'm everywhere! bwahahahahaaaa!
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    He is huge. Still.
    Is Colt Mormon? I ask because that's a very Mormon thing, the no soda (caffeine). My Mormon neighbors once came over to borrow a can of Coke so their daughter could perform her science project of soaking a tooth in 3 liquids to see what did more damage. I was like, the soda. (others were milk and water) They were like how do you know. I was like, talk to my dentist. LOL. Sure enough she came back in 6 weeks and was like, "you were right!" I was like, duh. :) LOL...

And I have no hate for the Clowns either. I just think they're ridiculous for moving the team to Baltimore, only to have to wait for the lucky chance of an expansion of the league to get 'their' team back. I mean sorry, but really. What the hell else do you have to be happy about in Cleveland. Not much. Except proximity to Cedar Point, Rock n Roll hall of fame, and Great Fishing on the Lake.

You know who else is huge? AJ Hawk. Ran into him one time on one of my visits to campus when I was home. Jeebus. And Spiels... I went to school with Chris Spielman. Man. The neck. Oh the neck. And that boy could drink. *grins and whistles* :D

Okay Going back to watching the game..

Shame we don't get points for stopping a 4th and inches conversion :D;)
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    nope. not mormon. just that he wanted for his entire life to maximize athletic performance, really.
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    OH MY GOD>>>>> I WAS ROBBED!!!!

Interception, 3 yards short of 6 pts. LMAO :D
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    bwahahaha!

(but I got dinged for the pick. silly romo.)
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    It's okay... you couldn't help yo'sef.. you was blinded by his Purtyness.. Just like Jessica Simpson :D
  • HLeAnn
    Options
    OH MY GOD>>>>> I WAS ROBBED!!!!

Interception, 3 yards short of 6 pts. LMAO :D

haha my bf has Giants defense/special teams. He was cussin up and down for that one!!
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    Well LeAnn he and I just lost 6 pts. *sighs*

and with that. It's time for dinner run. :D
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Funny you talk extensively about the Browns the night before Art Modell (the person responsible for moving the Browns) dies today.

The news shocked most Browns fans, who declared him dead in 1995.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    In one of my leagues, I say one because I have three teams, I have Nicks, Witten and E. Manning.
    I had Witten benched but then 30 minutes before kickoff they announced he was starting so I put him in.
    Crappy start to the season for me,
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Victor Cruz crapped the bed for me last night. Gotta love Fantasy Football time! But hey, I picked up Ogletree mid game last night. So now watch, he won't have another catch the rest of the season.
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    Wolverine maybe he heard me and realized it was time to go. The reality is, I think you're right most Browns fans haven't given a crap about him since 1995. :)

all I gotta say is... The Gints better get their **** together for the rest of the season. I have noticed that an inordinate number of "SuperBowl" Champions lately really completely TANK the following season. AT least early on. It's almost like they drank the Kool-aid and forgot how much work it was to get there... Go figure.
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    Well ain't that about a *****. Running Backs. Aren't you all a bunch of whingy *****es. First I draft Jahvid Best, from the outlook appears to be one of the better ones.. Oh wait Concussion, out 6 weeks... So I drop him, because I need to cover a Bye week.. And I draft Mike LeShoure, because even with his 2 game suspension I don't need him till week 5. So it's all good right? RIGHT?

No... Yesterday, Beanie Wells decides to screw me and pull a hamstring in practice. Really dude, REALLY??? It's Practice, haven't you ever thought about taking it easy before game day maybe? Dumbass...

So now I have to stick with Well, because even though he's questionable, LeShoure is still on suspension, and I can't get another one before tomorrow.

Well.. isn't that Special... Hmmm?

*arrrrrgh*
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    this is why I tend to draft several RBs pretty high. they get hurt every damn year, and WRs are far, far deeper. even QBs, at the mid-level, can keep you going. but there simply aren't enough quality RBs to go around.