Being Real Here

Options
ASH0424
ASH0424 Posts: 49 Member
So, I am an emotional eater.
It started at a young age (11) because of some stuff going on.
And I am having to deal with his fact even more so now because I am on a medicaiton that supresses hunger.
It sounds like a good thing, but I want to do this the healthy way and it's making me a tad nervous, but for now I must remain on the med.
Anyway, my whole point was, because I am actually not hungry (and very aware) I am not, I am realizing how much more I am having to do something else rather than stuff my emotions with food.
It is a very ineresting place to be - trying to get daily calorie intake, not being hungry, and feeling like I am so big, what is not eating going to hurt me. (Again I know that is not healthy...)

Just being really.....on the boards....not sure if anyone else is dealing with something similar..or what my real point is other than I feel a weird anxiety about this...

Replies

• sacollins43
    Options
    Sorry your going through this. It must be tough to make yourself eat when your not hungry, so that you can be healthy. Its like going against nature or something.

I really don't have any advice except to stay strong and come here as much as you need to.
  • Themuseinme
    Themuseinme Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ive gone through same thing, and still am.

awreness is defintiely the first step.
    Just start a list of other things to do when urge strikes.

No need to worry about not eating enough food. take a good multiple vitamin and calcium pill. Youmay need to add extra fiber too. I use snacks with 9 grams each.You may want to drink some fruit juice or meal replacement drink in place of meals to keep blood sugar up and avoid binging later.especially if you are exercising.
  • ASH0424
    ASH0424 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I do most of them, but I actually had NOT thought of the meal replacement shakes to add to my plan now that I am having this issue....sort o saying duh to myself. ; )