Week 2 (8th Sept)

Options

Replies

• emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't know what my target should be.... I am looking at my fitbit right now and i have already walked 5.3 miles just from being at work for 7 hours ( I am on my feet all day walking back and forth). So if I usually walk about 25-30 miles during the week, and I know I don't nearly walk that much on the weekends. So can anybody help me figure out what my target should be? Hoping to move more on the weekends, because I usually just wake up and go from the bed to the couch. :laugh:
  • YouAreYourChoices
    Options
    Okay I signed up but I was confused is the "target" suppose to be your weekly total or daily total?
  • Charlottina
    Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Okay I signed up but I was confused is the "target" suppose to be your weekly total or daily total?

Weekly total :)
  • Charlottina
    Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What about those of us that do not use cardio as our main source of exercise? I only do 10 minutes a day as my cool down after I lift.

Well the idea is to do things you don't normally do but if it is a problem set yourself a target that is achievable for you.
    Don't be worry there will be other non cardio exercise challenges in other weeks :)
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I am working on rowing as one of my cardio exercises for this month. I hope to row at least 3 times every week and do a minimum of 30 minutes. That means 9 to 11 miles. I set my goal for 12 miles so that will make me push it just a little.
  • tracy9301
    tracy9301 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    For my bday this year, my mother and kids bought me a Pro-Form Tx-200 heart rate monitor watch. it is awesome. It tracks you calories, heart rate, pedometer, stop watch, and a few other things. I average about 10,000 steps a day sometimes more.
  • PHYLLISALEXIS
    PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    8 glasses of water in. Does crystal light count as water intake?
  • sfrohardt5
    sfrohardt5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My fitbit emailed me a progress report today. I averaged walking 6.8 miles over the past week -- about 0.98 miles per day. Now, that probably doesn't sound like much to you all, but to someone whose job is very sedentary, who isn't physically fit and doesn't exercise a lot, that was a lot for me. However, I was not pushing myself a whole lot. Therefore, this week, my goal is to double it. I want to reach a minimum of 14 miles walked in one week -- that will make me average 2 miles per day, minimum, though I hope to get more.

Good luck to you all with your challenges! I know the fear of the "zero" on the spreadsheet will spur me on to do more. I hope it works for you, too! Once I give my word, I hate to back out of it so although it may be hard to achieve my goal, I'm going to give it my best shot!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Really LOVE this challenge!

Hubby and I are still trying to get back into the habit of our daily 2 mile walk AND we want to restart C25K so I'm hoping this challenge will spur me on and we really get moving this next week.

At first I only had 10 miles planned but then after a few minutes thought I changed it to 12 miles. In hopes of restarting C25K I've now bumped it up to 15 miles.
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just tried... My BB doesn't support GPS... :(:(:(

Do you have a car? If yes, you can try to guage the route with your car and then you will know roughly :) OR buy a pedometer, that counts steps and distance.... Am sure BB should support that :)

Good luck!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    usually walk or run about 20-30 miles a week My walk goal for the month is set at 150. I have missed my mark that last two months. If I reach my goal this week I will be well on my way....Stay hydrated
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just tried... My BB doesn't support GPS... :(:(:(

Do you have a car? If yes, you can try to guage the route with your car and then you will know roughly :) OR buy a pedometer, that counts steps and distance.... Am sure BB should support that :)

Good luck!

I don't even have a drivers license! Lol... :P

I have everything calculated (finally!) on Endomondo... But again, I do a lot of in-place jogging, so there's no distance... Me needs a pedometer... :P

Anyways, I will ask again... :P Can we make time count as well? Would be a lot easier... :)
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I set my goal at 15 miles of walking for the week. It will be good to get back to working out. My little one will be in school 3 days next week, so I will get at least 3miles in each of those days, and I will have to get off my butt the days he is home to make up the difference. I can't wait!
  • B_Mindful
    B_Mindful Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My fitbit is telling me that I averaged 5000 steps/day last week, and about 4000 steps/day the week before. I'm thinking I should try for 6000 steps/day.
  • YouAreYourChoices
    Options

Weekly total :)

Oohh okay, thanks! :)
  • PHYLLISALEXIS
    PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    great challenge. I am still drinking 8 glasses of water per day. My goal here is 2 miles
  • lturner8
    lturner8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm running and biking as part of my training, so I'm going to set a goal of 43 miles: 8 miles running, 15 miles out of my spin class, and 20 miles from biking to/from work one day.

Logan
  • cs821
    cs821 Posts: 48
    Options
    Am looking forward to this challenge. I try to do a lot of walking and have just started C25K when I go gym:smile:
    Am really gonna push myself this week. :happy:
  • RhondaMH65
    RhondaMH65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    How long does it take you to walk 5 kilometers?
  • RhondaMH65
    RhondaMH65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mine is set... I chose walking and set a goal of 30km in the week. Most of my walks are about 5km but I have space for a couple of long ones. I need to be able to do about 15km a day for 4 days in a row by mid-October anyway!!!

Won't have much time for swimming next week, with fencing as well, but I get at least one swim in and I will soon be ditching gym for the sea anyway!!!
    How long does it take you to walk 5 kilometers?