Registered for my first 5k

Options
loril13
loril13 Posts: 320 Member
This morning I registered for the Susan G Komen Race fo the Cure 5k. The race is October 20th. This will be week 7 in the C25k training program, assuming we don't need to repeat a week. I registered for the option with a timing chip & a number. Even if I need to walk a bit in the middle it will be a great official gauge of my progress. My long term goal is comfortable 12 minute miles by September 2013 for the runDisney Tower of terror 10 miler.

Replies

• aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Goals are what keeps us going.

I;m doing one on November 18, that requires you to be a runner...So excited..and nervous!!! I did one on July 4th, it was a walk/run...this one is billed as a RUN. :bigsmile:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What a great goal!
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! I signed up for my first one too, it is December 8th. I'm very nervous as well since I've only gotten to week 4 so far and repeated week 3!!
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! It's awesome to have that feeling of being signed up. You will do great!
  • DeeDee1066
    DeeDee1066 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Signed up for my first run FSU Parent's weekend October 13th, a 5K fun/run through campus (hilly campus) this will be 1 week after finishing the 8 weeks. I'm using Daniel Miller app 5K runner. I'm excited.

My question; registration is at 7:15, race starts at 8am. How do most folks get the 5 min warm up accomplished while waiting in the herd to start running?
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I signed up for my local 5K Color Run at the end of September. I'll be just finishing week 8 since I 'm having to do a bit of repeating right now. I may end up walking some of it but I'm super excited!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I signed up for my local 5K Color Run at the end of September. I'll be just finishing week 8 since I 'm having to do a bit of repeating right now. I may end up walking some of it but I'm super excited!

The Color Run sounds super fun. The only one in New England is not until July 2013. Something to look forward too.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I signed up for my first in November. Hope I can do the whole thing without stopping to walk. Good luck
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi, great to hear you've set a goal. I'm doing my first timed event Sat 15th Sept, I'll be on week 5, so will be interesting to see how I get on. All the best to everyone who has events planned & to those still with the programme :)
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Wonderful to hear. I have a 5K this weekend on Sept 8th to help out Care Net. Thanks to the C25K program and all the support here I am sooo ready for it now. This is so exciting.

Have fun on your 5K.
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am on W7, D1 (1st repeat) and am doing my first 5K on 9/22. History in the making!!! No going back now!!
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Congratulations!! :) How exciting!!

I'm still in the early stages. Have been waylaid for a week because of bronchitis. Hoping to hit the pavement again before too long. My goal will be to enter a 5K early Spring. :)
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Inspired by everyone committing to a 5k. Signed up for mine this morning!!

Solano County Turkey Trot - thanksgiving at 8:00 a.m. 66 days!
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Inspired by everyone committing to a 5k. Signed up for mine this morning!!

Solano County Turkey Trot - thanksgiving at 8:00 a.m. 66 days!

Check you out!!!!!! That's awesome!! As soon as I'm better, I'm going to find something doe December or January :)