Keep it up! :)

Options
How is everybody doing?! I've been keeping with it despite work and personal distractions. Trying to focus is tough ... I am coming down to the last 40 days to my wedding... And the planning has taken on a life of its own. Happy to have the My Fitness Pal app! Cheers!

Replies

• bloomingolive
    Options
    I've been having hectic cravings the past two days!!
    I'm not binging, not at all, but I definitely nervous-ate some bad calories. It's like my stomach has gone psycho!
    Makes me feel terrible.

The more I fall off the wagon, the less motivated I am.
    I think I should start being stricter again about the sugar I eat.
    At first I banned all and any refined sugar, and I saw huge improvement.
    But the I started slipping a bit. "A splash of ketchup won't kill me", or some other day, "Just a teaspoon nesquik in my milk, it's not the end of the world". WELL, IT IS.
    Because even just a tiny amount of sugar, even though it may not kill me, it definitely breaks the dam and the flood of craving is incontrollable.
    It's like a drug :(
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sugar knocks me out too - but even after a craving of massive proportions and an OD of sugar on 8/31 & serious sugar hangover on Sat ... I kicked it up and still managed to loose. A grape threw me off... and then I just ate & ate. Felt so nasty and sick though the next day, like an addiction have to break it!
  • althea99
    Options
    Try not to be too hard on yourself. I know it can be really tough emotionally... But I also know that focusing 100% on being able to control my physical body and ignoring my emotions is a recipe for comfort eating. Trying to reduce stress and be more forgiving to yourself may just free you up enough to feel confident in your food choices and portions... It's a hard thing to do sometimes but for me facing and finding outlets for my stress really helps... Boxing, writing, blasting music and laughing with friends help me focus on the good and not the "bad" in my life and it really does affect my eating. Cheers!
  • pahsar2
    pahsar2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been doing fine. I lost 10 lbs in September, so keeping up a similar pace will be a stretch. My eating has been solid, but I haven't been able to work out as intensely or often as I need to. Hoping to pick that back up starting Friday.

I expect a 1 lb loss this week since I dropped 3 lbs last week --- i tend to even out of a two week period regarding my weight loss goal.

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • erindh87
    Options
    I've gone up about 1 lb unfortunately. However, I just started Chalean Extreme and a modified C25K this past week after a 6 week "break" from exercising, so I'm hoping it just water retention/DOMS related. Even if it's not, I feel so good this week from the exercise, that I don't mind not losing as much. :happy:
  • SRH88
    SRH88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have only managed to stay within my calorie limit on 2 from the past 6 days, so I am not very pleased with myself. Time to pick up my game and finish the week on a positive note!
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I allowed the Holiday weekend to get off track. I regained 3 lbs but have them off today, FINALLY..it took 4 days of hitting the treadmill hard. Today I'm burned out, already. I too have the sugar addiction and being a gastric bypass person, I'm not supposed to have sugar at all. I regret the day I ever reintroduced it back into my life. Hang in there folks!:smile:
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    was wondering about challenges? other groups ive been in posted daily or weekly challenges which are quite motivating was wondering if we would be doing that?