Mid-week check in!

Options
2»

Replies

• Alana150
    Alana150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been doing well with the water challenge. I drink 64oz at work then come home and do another 16oz or 32oz. My workout nights and days help a lot with water intake. I also drink water with my meals now (used to drink a lot of tea and sweet n low) so I am happy for that.

Good luck everyone!!
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great with the water challenge. Food I'm doing well though yesterday I didn't eat dinner mostly because I ended up getting stung by a bee so took two benadryl and it knocked me out. Though on the plus side, I didn't stop breathing like i did as a kid. It seems I grew out of my bee allergy just like I did my childhood asthma!

Oh I may not log as much until Tuesday but then I'll be fully logging everything. Very busy weekend this weekend!

Edit-P.S. Since my weekly weigh in is usually Monday I went ahead and did a weigh in today and lost .8 lbs bringing my total weight loss up to 36.8 lbs to date! Even though the ticker says 37 it's not quite there yet! Still 14.2 lbs til I'm out of the 200's!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I don't normally have a problem with my water intake but I'm really glad we had this challenge as I have not been doing great with food this week. I've eaten out twice this week and have two more times scheduled over the weekend. The challenge is making me conscious of making sure I'm getting plenty to flush out all the sodium from restaurant meals!
  • hlinn01
    Options
    I struggle with drinking water on a daily basis. I can now easily get in 4-5 glasses, but 8 is definitely a challenge. It is hard because when I drink so much, I feel like I spend most of my day in the bathroom. I also feel like I am stuck at home, because I don't like being out and having to track down bathrooms.
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So far so good here! Sounds like most of us are doing well with this weeks challenge! :) Keep up the great work!!

I've been gearing up for my first 5km run (Sept.30th) and have been struggling recently. I started training in mid May. Was doing pretty good too! I was running on the treadmill once a week and with a friend outside once a week. Until July hit. Weather was just so hot and humid and with summer activities between the two of us we just didn't get together. So I was running on my treadmill only. A couple weeks ago I decided to take it back outside and was horrified to not be able to do the same 10 min run 1 min walk intervals I was doing inside! I'm not trying to make excuses for myself, but honestly between my allergies, the humid weather, and my asthma I'm really struggling outside. I ran on Tuesday night and my chest and upper back was so sore from my laboured breathing. I was barely able to keep up a 2 min run at a time. I broke down in tears. I'm NOT giving up though! I will be heading back out again tonight! However, I'm so scared of failing, and not meeting my goal to run the 5km and do it in 40 minutes. I'm okay with doing 10 min run intervals. I just hope I can get up to that point and soon!! It's already the 6th! I'm also wondering if I need to talk to my doctor about my asthma treatment. I only have a rescue inhaler and usually it's all I need. I just use it before working out. Wondering if it's not enough.
  • SanCan2602
    SanCan2602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No problems here in drinking water. I haven't been exercising though and am really looking forward to next week's challenge to get myself in gear!
  • gwendb
    gwendb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I came in for the first time EVER under my calorie goal two days in a row!

Hurrah!
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Doing fine on this end. I'm able to get in my water and stay under my calories. Not able to get in as much exercise as I want, but still striving. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Keep up the great work :drinker:
  • gwendb
    gwendb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So far so good here! Sounds like most of us are doing well with this weeks challenge! :) Keep up the great work!!

I've been gearing up for my first 5km run (Sept.30th) and have been struggling recently. I started training in mid May. Was doing pretty good too! I was running on the treadmill once a week and with a friend outside once a week. Until July hit. Weather was just so hot and humid and with summer activities between the two of us we just didn't get together. So I was running on my treadmill only. A couple weeks ago I decided to take it back outside and was horrified to not be able to do the same 10 min run 1 min walk intervals I was doing inside! I'm not trying to make excuses for myself, but honestly between my allergies, the humid weather, and my asthma I'm really struggling outside. I ran on Tuesday night and my chest and upper back was so sore from my laboured breathing. I was barely able to keep up a 2 min run at a time. I broke down in tears. I'm NOT giving up though! I will be heading back out again tonight! However, I'm so scared of failing, and not meeting my goal to run the 5km and do it in 40 minutes. I'm okay with doing 10 min run intervals. I just hope I can get up to that point and soon!! It's already the 6th! I'm also wondering if I need to talk to my doctor about my asthma treatment. I only have a rescue inhaler and usually it's all I need. I just use it before working out. Wondering if it's not enough.

You rock- go get em girl! You can totally do it. I recently ran my first race in May and didn't think I was going to make it because my knees hurt so bad, but I figured out that about 20 minutes in I could walk for 15 minutes and do some quick stretches and then it would go away. if I kept running without taking the break, my knees would be in absolute AGONY. It's all about finding something that works for you and if that means not running the whole thing in one go then that is totally fine. I hope you find what works for you- Good Luck!
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ditto me too.. One day where I haven't consumed all 8 so far.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great. Water is never a problem with summer coming so with the exception of one day when I was sick, I have done well. started a new sport this week which has helped with increasing the hours and calories burned, so the one day which experienced a lunch of absolute junk is not a serious issue to me. if I refuse any kind of yummy stuff, I will just fall of the rails. While those kind of binge lunches need to be minimised into nothingness, I am still under my calories for the week so am happy with myself. next weekend, I will start ocean swims again...
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

You rock- go get em girl! You can totally do it. I recently ran my first race in May and didn't think I was going to make it because my knees hurt so bad, but I figured out that about 20 minutes in I could walk for 15 minutes and do some quick stretches and then it would go away. if I kept running without taking the break, my knees would be in absolute AGONY. It's all about finding something that works for you and if that means not running the whole thing in one go then that is totally fine. I hope you find what works for you- Good Luck!

Thank you! :) I did a little research on proper breathing while running and running with asthma. I learned a couple techniques I'm going to try. One of them being rhythmic breathing out of my mouth (I wasn't sure if I should be breathing out of my mouth or nose). I'm going to go out tonight (lastnight my muscles were still SO sore from Wed nights workout, infact they still are this morning!) and run and again either tomorrow or Sunday. If I'm still really labouring to breathe after trying these new techniques I may have to make an appointment with my doctor. I'm still have a bit of congestion from a cold I had just over a week ago, it's bad time for allergies too and I've been having trouble with that as well. So perhaps there is some other med I can take that can help. Anyhow, thank you so much for the encouragement!! And for sharing your story. I'm sorry you were having so much knee pain. That's awesome you worked through it and finishes the race!!! :)