is 30 minutes enough?

Njkelley
Njkelley Posts: 57 Member
I am on the last week of phase 2, and have 100 pounds to lose. i'm not sure this program is enough cardio...I also do 2 aerobic classes at the ymca in the evenings...in addition to br. should i add in more cardio?

Replies

• tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Do you feel like you lost enough through the first two phases only doing the cardio you're currently doing? At first I didn't think it would be enough either but I'm seeing good results so far so I haven't added in any extra cardio yet. My plan is to finish the program as is and then assess when I get to the end. I will probably do another round of the program and add in extra cardio at that point to hopefully give my body the extra kick to get the harder to lose pounds to come off as I get closer to my goal weight. I know a lot of people are doing this program in conjunction with C25K so I guess a lot feel they need the extra cardio. My goal was to lose 25 lbs doing BR and I'm over halfway there and I'm halfway through the DVDs, though I did do all the sets for 3 wks instead of two but sometimes I would even miss a cardio session and still see results. I still will have 20 more lbs to lose after BR if I reach the 25lb goal I set so then I will add more cardio I think. Like I said, if you don't feel it's coming off fast enough for you based on the first two phases maybe you will want to add some more cardio.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    keep in mind it IS possible to overtrain. you're not going to lose 100lbs (in a healthy way i mean, it is completely possible), with JMBR alone and in 3months. its just not realistic or healthy. and thats me telling you straight up. that being said, i've definitely doubled up my cardio/workout days here and there with only added benefits, just make sure you're eating above your BMR or eating back those exercise cals. good luck with your loss!
  • SPARTA1013
    SPARTA1013 Posts: 60 Member
    <
    I did jmbr and attained this
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    I feel like BR got me in a routine. Now that I'm done with BR, I still workout 6 days a week and eat healthy. During BR, I lost 22 pounds. It's been 3 months since I finished the program and I've lost another 15 pounds. Your weight loss on this program may not be as drastic as what you see on the biggest loser, but you get what you put into it. Remember, the program tells you to do "extra credit" physical activity. You can always add cardio to the program.
  • Maiello1970
    Maiello1970 Posts: 73 Member
    <

@ripped13..... WOW WOW WOW!!!! you look great!
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    <

This is what I am shooting for, I am starting 7/8 today. I was 215 when I started, and I am now at 200.0 on the dot!