30 day Shred/Ripped in 30 Hybrid

Options
Hey all
This group was a great idea! I started a hybrid of 30 DS and Ripped in 30. This is my schedule:
Monday- 30 Day Shred- Level 1
Tuesday - 30 Day Shred Level 2
Wednesday - 30 Day Shred Level 3
Thursday - Ripped in 30 Level 1
Friday- Ripped in 30 Level 2
Saturday- Ripped in 30 Level 3
Sunday- Ripped in 30 level 4

Has anyone tried this routine yet? Or is anybody interested in joining me? My goal is to do this until October 5th.
I'm also looking for some MFP friends to keep up on the motivation. My food diary will be public and I will be posting recipes on my blog.

Cheers!

Replies

• klmason1
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing a hybrid workout with Jillians DVDs. I have 30 Day shred, 6week6pack, Ripped in 30, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I'm actually going to start tomorrow morning. I've been doing the 30 day shred since Aug 10. I've lost 5lbs since then, and a lot of inches.

I'm really feeling the 30 min workouts. Although on the weekends I plan on incorporating P90x weight training, but M-F is all Jillian. :smile:

Here is my schedule starting next week after I complete 30 Day Shred.
    Monday - Level 1 - Ripped in 30
    Tuesday - Level 1 - 6 week6pack
    Wednesday - Level 1 - 30 Day Shred
    Thursday - Level 2 - 6 week6pack
    Friday - Level 2 - Ripped in 30
    Saturday - P90x Legs and Back
    Sunday - P90x Core Synergistics or Yoga
  • dannigirl1
    Options
    I actually started to do a hybrid. I have been doing 30DS for about a week because it was free on youtube and then i went to the store and saw RI30 for $10 and decided to pick it up and do a little of both. i plan on saying on each workout level for maybe 2 weeks depending on how i feel about how well im doing them. I do the workouts before classes depending on what classes i have that day so this semester it:

Monday 30DS
    Tuesday RI30
    Wednesday 30DS
    Thursday RI30
    Friday 30DS
    Saturday RI30
    sunday break day

I was able to get through the first day of ripped but my left shin hurt i though it was just because of the new workout, but i've been having trouble getting through the rest of the week. i skipped a day and let my leg rest but its really frustrating because i want to workout but my leg hurts. Im hoping i will be able to start back up again in a few days.
  • klmason1
    Options
    I actually started to do a hybrid. I have been doing 30DS for about a week because it was free on youtube and then i went to the store and saw RI30 for $10 and decided to pick it up and do a little of both. i plan on saying on each workout level for maybe 2 weeks depending on how i feel about how well im doing them. I do the workouts before classes depending on what classes i have that day so this semester it:

Monday 30DS
    Tuesday RI30
    Wednesday 30DS
    Thursday RI30
    Friday 30DS
    Saturday RI30
    sunday break day

I was able to get through the first day of ripped but my left shin hurt i though it was just because of the new workout, but i've been having trouble getting through the rest of the week. i skipped a day and let my leg rest but its really frustrating because i want to workout but my leg hurts. Im hoping i will be able to start back up again in a few days.

After doing RI30 yesterday and 6W6P today. I think I'll stick to level 1 for at least 2 weeks and then move to level 2... :blushing:
  • km2830
    km2830 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I actually have been thinking of alternating 30DS and RI30 with yoga workouts to create some balance. I do hope to get to a point where I can just bang out the Jillian Michael's dvds back to back without a problem, but I just get so sore! I did just start 30DS again and I'm determined to make it to Level 3 this time - I usually stop at 2, lol.

Anyways, I'm with you in spirit!
  • klmason1
    Options
    I actually have been thinking of alternating 30DS and RI30 with yoga workouts to create some balance. I do hope to get to a point where I can just bang out the Jillian Michael's dvds back to back without a problem, but I just get so sore! I did just start 30DS again and I'm determined to make it to Level 3 this time - I usually stop at 2, lol.

Anyways, I'm with you in spirit!

You can do it... :D I finally took a day off after 22 days of working out... My body is feeling it right now... Oh well no pain no gain... :D
  • Mogwai913
    Mogwai913 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started my own hybrid of Jillian Michaels DVDs. I am going to be using Ripped in 30, 30 Day Shred, 6 weeks to 6 pack, Extreme Shed & Shred, and Power Yoga: Strength and Flexibilty (by Rodney Yee). I have at least done the level 1 on all of these videos in the past but I have never done all the levels for a full month. Hopefully I will actually do the videos for a whole month so I will be ripped and shredded with a 6 pack, hehe. Yesterday I did RI30, though I had to take a break halfway through and modify the side planks. Today will be 30DS and then some Yoga and 6W6P on the following days.
  • klmason1
    Options
    Yesterday I started my own hybrid of Jillian Michaels DVDs. I am going to be using Ripped in 30, 30 Day Shred, 6 weeks to 6 pack, Extreme Shed & Shred, and Power Yoga: Strength and Flexibilty (by Rodney Yee). I have at least done the level 1 on all of these videos in the past but I have never done all the levels for a full month. Hopefully I will actually do the videos for a whole month so I will be ripped and shredded with a 6 pack, hehe. Yesterday I did RI30, though I had to take a break halfway through and modify the side planks. Today will be 30DS and then some Yoga and 6W6P on the following days.

I hate the side planks... LOL... Tomorrow will be day 49 for me and Jillian workouts. I'm seeing results, so I will keep at it. I'm not ripped, but I'm on my way... :D
  • Mogwai913
    Mogwai913 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 49?! Wow, that is impressive! Do you ever get tired of doing the same videos over and over? And what about being sore after so many workouts? I took a break after just 2 days so that my body could heal and get over this cold I have been fighting. Today I will start it up again and take it one workout at a time.
  • klmason1
    Options
    Day 49?! Wow, that is impressive! Do you ever get tired of doing the same videos over and over? And what about being sore after so many workouts? I took a break after just 2 days so that my body could heal and get over this cold I have been fighting. Today I will start it up again and take it one workout at a time.

First, get well soon... I don't get tired of the workout videos. Since I'm mixing 3 of them up, it doesn't get old quickly. Plus some of the videos have multiple levels, which helps. My body does get tired, I have taken 6 days off out of the 49. But I keep pushing myself because I'm seeing results.
  • katie190177
    katie190177 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jillian fanatic! I have ripped, 30DS, 6 week 6 pack, extreme shed and shred and killer buns and thighs. I am debating sticking with just ripped in 30 to see how it is supposed to work or do a combo of all of them since I get bored of the same thing easily. Opinions?

SW - 252
    CW - 198
    GW - 175

Waist = 35in
    Hips = 42in
    Chest = 41in
    Upper arm = 13.5in
    Thigh = 24.5 in
    Neck = 15in

I'm looking to achieve some serious slimming of my core and inner thighs and I would like to tone my arms and back!
  • klmason1
    Options
    I'm a Jillian fanatic! I have ripped, 30DS, 6 week 6 pack, extreme shed and shred and killer buns and thighs. I am debating sticking with just ripped in 30 to see how it is supposed to work or do a combo of all of them since I get bored of the same thing easily. Opinions?

SW - 252
    CW - 198
    GW - 175

Waist = 35in
    Hips = 42in
    Chest = 41in
    Upper arm = 13.5in
    Thigh = 24.5 in
    Neck = 15in

I'm looking to achieve some serious slimming of my core and inner thighs and I would like to tone my arms and back!

I get bored easily also. I find that mixing the workouts keeps me more motivated. I started out with just the 30DS. After that I switched the the hybrid. I still include the 30DS workout in with my hybrid program..