Just needing a little positive

Options
Leigh14
Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
I've seen several of us who are having such a hard time. We've done the reset, we've followed the "rules" and we're fatter than before! I know it's a long, hard journey. I know I've posted more (eek, WAY more) than my share of grumbles and whines and cries ... but I feel that today I need to step back and look at the positive. Feel free to add to the list!

Since beginning EM2WL:
1. I have nearly stopped binge eating. To date, I haven't binged in around a month. HUGE, huge, huge success for me!
2. I have ceased being afraid of food. No longer do I refuse lunches or dinners with friends because "I can't eat there" or "I can't eat that."
3. I have made several strength gains and I just FEEL stronger.
4. Oddly enough, my ring size has went from a 7 3/4 to a 7 1/2. Weirdest.thing.ever!

I'm having lots of problems, but I am sticking with this. There is no way I'd ever go back to what I was doing before. I lowered my calories this week from moderately active to lightly active; I can tell a difference in how I feel. I know I'll get there eventually, but it's going to take some time. In the meantime, I NEED the above positiveness to push forward!

Replies

• rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You know, I've about decided it's a numbers game and no online calculator knows my body well enough to give me the numbers I need. Kiki or Lucia (sorry, I can't remember which) told me try a rotation of 4 weeks @ TDEE-300, 1 week @ TDEE, 4 weeks @ TDEE-200 to keep my body guessing. I'm gonna give this a go and, if the inches don't start going in the right direction, I'll start bumping off 50'ish cal/day and repeat the rotation. I know my body has a sweet spot, I just have to find it.

Good luck and keep loving your body. I'm almost 52 and didn't start loving on mine until I was 40. I'd love a do-over to start in my 20's.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I've seen several of us who are having such a hard time. We've done the reset, we've followed the "rules" and we're fatter than before! I know it's a long, hard journey. I know I've posted more (eek, WAY more) than my share of grumbles and whines and cries ... but I feel that today I need to step back and look at the positive. Feel free to add to the list!

Since beginning EM2WL:
    1. I have nearly stopped binge eating. To date, I haven't binged in around a month. HUGE, huge, huge success for me!
    2. I have ceased being afraid of food. No longer do I refuse lunches or dinners with friends because "I can't eat there" or "I can't eat that."
    4. Oddly enough, my ring size has went from a 7 3/4 to a 7 1/2. Weirdest.thing.ever!

I'm having lots of problems, but I am sticking with this. There is no way I'd ever go back to what I was doing before. I lowered my calories this week from moderately active to lightly active; I can tell a difference in how I feel. I know I'll get there eventually, but it's going to take some time. In the meantime, I NEED the above positiveness to push forward!

Nice, Leigh!!:heart:

I agree with #s 1, 2, & 3 but I JUST got my wedding back on~ it's been off since May!!:noway:

I like all the recent posts about this being an INDIVIDUAL thing and that things like EM2WL, NROL4W & today I read even Scooby, are just guidelines and that we all need to tweak EVERYTHING to ourselves.

If we don't, aren't we just going back to 'DIET' mentality~ eat your 29 Points and call me in the morning, or do this exact move exactly this many times and do NOT deviate!!:angry:

I feel so much better about things and I see that you do too!!:flowerforyou:
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options

Since beginning EM2WL:

Good list! My list is similar, but most important is: I TRUST MY BODY NOW. If my body needs to gain weight when I fuel it properly in order to trust me to continue feeding it regularly, that's ok. Whatever it needs to do to trust that the famine is over for good. I have been so cruel to it and I would not blame it if it never trusted me again. Fortunately, it seems to have regained trust in me quickly, but I'm still not "losing" weight. AND IT'S OK. Because I feel great! I'm glad you made a list to help you get through this. Feel free to PM me if you need to vent about the scale!
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Since beginning EM2WL:

I could have written this post myself!! I started em2wl toward the end of last year *i think*. Before then, and even several months after, I had horrible binging episodes that have somehow just vanished. If I gained nothing else from this journey, that alone was worth it. During those early months I questioned this process many times. After all the starving I had done to get down to my size 8 I was going to eat like crazy and go up to a size 10?? (Also, I should state that I never did a reset, but went straight to a bulk in an effort to gain muscle.). But, I stuck with it. After adding the muscle and then eating at a deficit (10-15% of tdee) for a few months, I got back into my size 8s and am still there. At the end of it all, the scale is up, but I feel that I look better with more muscle definition and I know I feel better not having to worry food temptations and going over my cals.

It is normal to get frustrated and question the process, but try to see it through. Also, I think the other posters were dead on when they said you need to tweak the numbers a bit for yourself. Go for a few weeks with a setting and then adjust it and see how your body responds. Feel free to friend me if you'd like:)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I love your positive attitude Leigh!!

It's so important to focus on the NSV's as well, like you're doing.

Keep up the great work!!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome, positive post. I'm really really happy for you and they are all sensational NSVs!!!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    All of these posts were FANTABULOUS !!!

Right on about the tweaking .... You've got it !!! It's not "one size fits all" . And ..I've said it before and will say it again : progress isn't measured simply by the scale. Oh, it gets me riled up sometimes too , but gotta step back, breathe , and focus on all the GOOD. I wouldn't give up my energy, my lack of food obsession, my badass muscles and my unheard of size 8s to be 25 lbs lighter, yet wearing at least one size bigger. WAIT. Did you read that right? Yep.

I'm 48 (49 in a couple weeks) and have never worn single digit clothing in my adult life. Smallest was a 10. Last time I wore a 10 ..I was 25 lbs lighter on the scale than I am now with, I'm sure, a higher BF%. So why in the WORLD would I want to eat less food, obsess over exercise, not feel strong, energetic, happy and yes LEAN and sexy ..only to see a lower number on the scale???? THAT just doesn't compute. In fact, THAT would just be plain , well ... You know ... Nonsensical : )

Oh ..... Size 6 jeans in my closet waiting for me. In a few months. And I will prob still weigh MORE than When I last squeezed into those size 10s

Keep on GETTING WITH IT y'all !!!!

Jen
  • rettarick
    rettarick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Love this post. Leigh I did respond to your response on the EM2WL forum:-)
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love all of the positive people coming out of the woodworks lately! I love reading these stories, and I love the positive attitudes! Keep on eating and tweaking! I was going to say we'll all get to where we need to be, but I think we're already there ;)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    All of these posts were FANTABULOUS !!!

Right on about the tweaking .... You've got it !!! It's not "one size fits all" . And ..I've said it before and will say it again : progress isn't measured simply by the scale. Oh, it gets me riled up sometimes too , but gotta step back, breathe , and focus on all the GOOD. I wouldn't give up my energy, my lack of food obsession, my badass muscles and my unheard of size 8s to be 25 lbs lighter, yet wearing at least one size bigger. WAIT. Did you read that right? Yep.

I'm 48 (49 in a couple weeks) and have never worn single digit clothing in my adult life. Smallest was a 10. Last time I wore a 10 ..I was 25 lbs lighter on the scale than I am now with, I'm sure, a higher BF%. So why in the WORLD would I want to eat less food, obsess over exercise, not feel strong, energetic, happy and yes LEAN and sexy ..only to see a lower number on the scale???? THAT just doesn't compute. In fact, THAT would just be plain , well ... You know ... Nonsensical : )

Oh ..... Size 6 jeans in my closet waiting for me. In a few months. And I will prob still weigh MORE than When I last squeezed into those size 10s

Keep on GETTING WITH IT y'all !!!!

Jen

:heart: :heart: I wanna be Jen when I grow up!:heart::heart:
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Wonderful attitude!